Friday, April 13, 2012

Tree Trimming

Yesterday evening, Devin finished trimming our tree. It is ginormous and was just starting to touch the roof and we were scared it could mess it up so he put on a brave face and got up there. Devin is terrified of heights and was so nervous up there. When he would throw the cut branch down, he would stand far back and push it off with a pole. I kept laughing at him and he would tell me to stop. Poor guy. I give him such a hard time sometimes. Even Aikman was telling him you okay daddy, it’s okay. Lol. It didn’t take him long at all but we had an interesting discovery! He cut one of the branches and when it fell we heard all this chirping and squealing. After looking, I saw a nest! It had three baby birds in it! I am NOT an animal person at all (hate me if you want for it) but for some reason I felt so bad! Two were still breathing but one was not. They were so hideously sweet looking. I felt so bad for the little guys. I went in and got some gloves and pulled the nest out of the branch and picked the birds up and put them back in it and moved it to another part of the tree. Monks was amazed by them and he said oh, poor birds. Are they sleeping momma? I said I think they will be soon. L As I was removing the nest from the branch, we saw two big birds in our neighbor’s tree just tweeting (or whatever sounds birds make) away. I kept thinking great, I am about to be attacked in a second because they think I am hurting their young or something but they stayed in that tree. I can’t promise you the birds made it, but hey, I tried.  I did not remember to look in the nest this morning when I left.






No comments:

Post a Comment