Monday, April 16, 2012

Weekend Update

Friday night I had a Girl’s Night Out at my house. A few girls I work with all came over and we ate way too much food, has a few drinks and laughed way too hard. It was nice to just be together for a few hours. Devin was very sweet and took the kids out for a little while and then when he returned home, he got Pippa ready for bed. As he made her bottle, we all snuck in her room to see her and tell her good night. She was the center of attention and cute as could be just sitting there smiling in her crib and laughing. After tucking her in, Devin took Aikman into his room to play and then put him to bed. He came and told us all good night and ran to his room. It was nearly 11:00 when everyone went home. Thanks ladies for a great time and thanks to Devin for taking on extra daddy duty to give mommy some girl time.
Saturday was spent just hanging out and finishing up some things around the house. Saturday morning we ate breakfast and Devin ran to Lowe’s to get some stain and lacquer to redo our living room tables. He made them for me before we got married and we want to move one into our bedroom so decided we needed it a little darker. It came out perfect! I think we will do the other one too now! I will post some before and after pics in the next few days. We played outside, cleaned up the backyard some, emptied some trash and watched Despicable Me. Aikman likes the minions and tries to talk like them. It’s hilarious. I tried out a new recipe called Man Pleasing Chicken. It was pretty good. We made potatoes and veggies on the side and had fun just laughing and eating. The evening came quick and it was time for Devin to get ready for work. Aikman and I put Pippa to bed and then made some popcorn and watched part of Rango. It was barely 9:06 and I could not keep my eyes open. We turned it off and Monks and I went to bed.



Trying to pet Apollo
 
Standing up by herself! Huge progress for my no bones Pippa!



About 4:00 Sunday morning, Monks came running down the hall and climbed in bed with me. Normally, I would not allow him to, but it was storming and the thunder was really loud so he was scared. We cuddled up together and fell right to sleep. I barely remember Devin coming in at 7 and carrying Aikman to his bed. I fell back asleep and next thing I knew I woke up and thought man, what time is it. I looked at my phone and it said 9:36! I jumped up and thought omg, Monks has probably been up for like an hour already by himself! I went down the hall and heard Pips just talking and talking in her crib. His door was still shut and so I peeked in and he was sound asleep! That weather knocked him out! I cannot remember the last time he slept past 8:30.  I got her up and changed and dressed and we went in the kitchen so she could eat breakfast and about 10:00 is when I heard Aikman talking and heard his little feet come running on the wood floor. Pips actually woke him up because she would not stop squealing and banging on her tray. Goofy girl . We ate breakfast and cleaned out their closets and then after Devin woke up, we went to Target and Kmart to look at curtains. I did not get a pic but Monks used his gift card from Horns at Target to buy a set of cars (surprise) and some sunglasses lol. He only spent $16. Pippa used hers to buy some clothes and a small baby doll that she could not stop chewing on. We then went to get a slush from Sonic during their happy hour and we all got a slush for 0.85! We headed home and put up new curtains in the kitchen and hung out with Phil when he got off. I had made chili so we ate that and then took baths and Pippa was in bed by 7:45 and Monks and I finished Rango as we ate popcorn. (Again) I put Aikman in bed by 8:30. Another fun filled, family weekend!

We found this costume Gigi bought Monks for his first Halloween. Of course it had to get put on Pips. She is smiling at herself in the mirror. Lol. Precious dinosaur.




No comments:

Post a Comment