Friday, April 13, 2012

Pippa's Room!

Pippa’s room is finally finished! I am so excited about it and love everything. Her room is so cheery and bright to me. Devin worked so hard for me in her room and I owe it all to him! My sweet Monks helped a lot too. Let us know what you think! Oh and I apparently don't have a steady hand because everything looks crooked and I promise it's not. Lol. Just had to throw that in before you thought we were drunk when we hung everything.


Devin made this shelf above. We just used two candle holders under it for extra support. That baby on the end is mine from when I was a baby. I used to love that doll and am glad I can pass it on to my Pips. Wanna hear something disgustingly funny? We call the baby Whiz Kid. When Pete and Phil were little, they both peed on my doll. I can't tell you why and not sure they could either. My mom of course washed her but the name stuck. Crazy little twin brothers. The book is full of Bible Stories. She got that in her Easter basket. I have a pic of my mom there and I have one of my dad too, I just took this pic before I put it in there so she has both her Grandpa and Gigi watching over her. That leopard bear was given to me by my mom years ago for Valentine's Day.


This is our Pippa collage. I had a few more frames but they didn't fit and some just wouldn't hang right. I love the way it turned out.


This is our framed P. We bought a super cute black frame from Hobby Lobby and some fabric. We hot glued and stapled it in and then hot glued the P onto the fabric. Super easy and came out great!


The three small shelves were bought when my mom and I went out of town one weekend for Mother's Day. Aikman was about 9 months old at the time and this is the first time these were hung in our house. Yes, they had just gathered dust. Lol. One has a candle, one has a frame from Tia Net and the last has some baby shoes Devin's great aunt and uncle had made for her that have her name on the bottom of one and her birth date on the other. So sweet. Those flower hooks were found at Hobby Lobby and are polka dotted just like her bedding. Perfect! I made tissue poms for the corner. Those are the best little things I have ever found! I love them and so cheap and easy to make. For .97, you can have two poms. Hello! I still have two black and two white to make, but you get the idea with the yellow up. Behind Aikman's head (he was standing on Devin's stomach) you can see her bear on the bench Devin made her a few weeks ago. It also has her pink rabbit and lamb on it. I have a few other stuffed animals to add to it.

That's my baby girl's room! Love you Pips!

1 comment: