Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Easter Egg Hunt


This morning Aikman had his Easter egg hunt at school. I brought him with me to work since I was going to his school with him. We got there and put his stuff away and he went potty and then we headed to the chapel! They sang songs and danced and did the motions. Okay, nothing is cuter than little kids singing about Jesus and how much they love him. I really tried not to cry a few times. Yes, I am like that. Aikman was precious. He sat with his class and I sat about three pews back with another mom. He would occasionally turn around and smile right at me. I was on cloud nine. The pastor of the church said a few words and then they had a little puppet show. They were talking about how at Easter, eggs and candy are fun, but the real reason we celebrate is because He rose from the dead for us and our sins. They talked about the stone being rolled away and made it kid friendly and easy to understand. The kids loved it so much and I so enjoyed watching Aikman’s face light up as they spoke and the puppets talked. It was then time to line up and go outside to start the hunt! I am not just saying this because he is mine, but Aikman was so good just standing in line. I watched from the back as all his class got up to go and Mrs. Kirksey handed out baskets. He stood there, holding his by his side, just watching her. The other kids were moving around and swinging their baskets and playing. They weren’t bad by any means, but I was a super proud momma at that moment. The classes walked out and lined up along the field and they told them to wait until they said go. There were a couple hundred eggs scattered in the grass. She said go and the kids took off, except Aikman. He was too cute there. He bent down and picked up one near him and turned to me all excited and said “look momma, I got one! It’s green! Green like the Hulk, oh I love it!” I said well put it in your basket and go get more. He just walked and grabbed the next one he came to. He would stop and talk about its color and name something that color and wonder what was in it. Hilarious right? We finally got mid field and there were a few around him he would grab but he was as casual as could be and so pleased with what he had. He did the same thing at a church egg hunt last year. Devin had to pick some up for him so he could get some. Lol. At the end, a lot of the kids had full baskets and he had about 7. He was so excited. One kid was crying to the teacher he didn’t get very many and she said they would divide them up so everyone got the same amount. Monks was as happy as could be. They took some pics of the kids and I took a few. I had so much fun out there. I kissed him goodbye and he got in line to go in. I was so happy when I left. My son was so adorable and I am so grateful he is mine. I am one lucky momma. Putting him in this school was one of the best decisions we have ever made. 

See him in the blue shirt? 
Puppets
You can barely see the top of his head above the pew. He is a few down from his teacher. 
Walking out! His little red jacket. :) 
Waiting to go!


His class! 


No comments:

Post a Comment