Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Weekend Update


Friday night we had dinner with Kirk, Jennifer and Kierstyn. Kierstyn attends the Boys and Girls Club after school and each year they nominate someone for Boy/Girl of the Year. You win scholarships as you advance. Kierstyn won for Abilene! She competed against four others and won! She now advances to Lubbock for the Regionals. She picked Texas Roadhouse so we went at 5:30. I had the best salmon and Devin had some amazing pork chops. The kids ate hot dogs and mac and cheese but Pippa wanted Kirk’s corn and so he shared with her. It was so cute, she kept wanting anything he was eating. Lol. She has a new best friend in him since he feeds her and gives her anything she wants. After dinner, we took the kids to Nikki’s Swirl Shop for some ice cream. It is actually like a low fat yogurt but I just call it ice cream. Monks got  Orange Dreamsicle, Pips only got fruit and some candy, Devin got peanut butter and cinnamon roll and I got a little milk chocolate with some, get this, mascarpone cheesecake. Yep, it was amazing. I only got the ice cream and fought my temptation to get their little pound cake pieces, those things are my fave! I stared at Pips as she ate some though. We then hung out and went home and got the kids ready for bed and Devin and I just relaxed.



My evening snack. Barefoot Moscato, baby carrots and a Laughing Cow cheese wedge.
Saturday, we woke up, ate breakfast and then headed to the gym. Devin and I worked out together while the kids were in the daycare. After our workouts, since there were no basketball games going on, we went and got a basketball and went in the small gym and let the kids play and run around. They had so much fun and we got some great pics. Pippa kept walking around with Devin’s towel on her head. She liked it there, gross I know, but it was cute to see. We then went home and we both showered and got ready and then went to run some errands and look around at some stores. We went to Arby’s for lunch. They have the best roasted turkey salad! I was in love! We ran out to Russell Stover’s and got Monks some candy for his class. They are making baskets to auction off during Easter and asked people to bring chocolate. Their store is going out of business and so everything is 50% off.  I bought three boxes of chocolates to put in there, all for only $4.50! We then got some ice cream and headed home for naps. Phil was off by 5 so we decided to go eat dinner with him since we hadn’t seen him for a few days. We went to Buffalo Wild Wings and Jenny texted me they were just getting in town and if they could come too. We all ate and had fun. We then went back to our house with Phil and watched TV.



Dunking!
Pips throwing it. 

Mini baller. 
The kids enjoyed punching this so much. Baby Ali. 
He was trying to stick his tongue out like Jordan. 


After with ice cream. We took her shirt off since she drips so much. 
Enjoying some mint chocolate chip. This boy is his  just like his Gigi! 
Devin's no sugar added pralines and cream and my low fat Sherbet! 
Sunday was a very low key day. We woke up, ate and went to HEB. The morning flew by. We ate lunch and then everyone laid down to naps while I cleaned up. I needed to mop and clean the bathroom so I did that. When everyone woke up, it was nearly 5 and before we knew it, it was time for dinner. Devin made some tilapia, brown rice and fresh steamed broccoli. The kids loved it! I knew Monks liked the fish, but I wasn’t too sure about Pips as Devin made it. It was then time for baths and we played some before bedtime since this week is Spring Break! Yay for an awesome weekend! 

That plate was empty when he was done with it. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment