Monday, March 4, 2013

Friday Night Fun!

I knew Devin had plans to grill Friday but I didn’t know exactly what. He went to the store with Pippa during the day and when he picked me up, he said he was excited for our evening just the four of us. He grilled ribeyes for him and New York strips for me. He also did some sausage and some hot dogs and then asparagus and bacon wrapped jalapenos. He made some salsa and some guacamole. Someone was one busy guy! The kids tore up the guacamole and I even had to get Pippa her own bowl since they were sliding the big bowl across the table to get some! We then ate dinner and man oh man was it awesome! Devin made the best steaks he has ever made in the 15 years I have known him. Heavenly! Perfectly pink inside but warm and oozing with juices when you pressed on it. He also had coronas and got me this frozen pina colada. It was really good. I would have loved to have just sat around and done nothing but relax but we had an agenda. I was throwing a house warming party the next day for my friend Jennifer and so I had to go to the store and get a few things and I wanted to run by her house to set up the table and hang my lanterns. You know me and my paper lanterns! We got home around 8:40 and made smores! The grill still had some small flames going and Aikman was so excited! Pippa prefers hers in pieces. She likes to eat a piece of graham cracker, a bite of chocolate and a whole marshmallow. We tried giving her a cooked marshmallow and she cried when she touched it. It wasn’t hot at all, she just got mad it was sticky and wouldn’t come off her finger. Lol. 

After the kids were in bed, I began my cookies. I made thumbprint cookies and they were, I have to be honest, a real bitch to make. The dough was weird and I worried they wouldn’t come out good. They came out great, they just take a lot of work. I then made some chicken salad for my mini croissants. I tried a new recipe and I feel like chicken salad is a lot like potato salad. Everyone does it different, yet I have never had one I didn’t like. I used Pioneer Woman’s and man oh man was it awesome! The fresh dill really stood out and the dressing of real mayo, sour cream and plain yogurt was amazing! You will have to try it! I was so pleased. It was about 12:30 when we got in bed. It was such an great end to a fun, family filled day! 

Little Elizabeth Taylor lol
Loving that guac! 




Yum! 
Jalaps! 
Look at their faces! :) Sweetness! 
That super black marshmallow on the table is mine!





Touched marshmallow
Time for bed!
My cookies! Cute huh? 

1 comment: