Monday, March 25, 2013

Weekend Update


Saturday we had a garage sale! Rain was not in the forecast, but at 2:30 I woke to thunder and Devin and I immediately ran outside to bring in our tables. It stormed for about four and a half hours. We got a late start putting stuff out and I advertised for it to start at 8:00. At 7:30 we were just getting our tables out. It was wet and cold. People of course were already coming around and luckily there was no more rain. We stopped our sale at 3 and were very pleased with the outcome. We made a little over $300 and Mike and Jenny made $70. We got rid of over a fourth of our stuff and the leftovers I packed back up for a later garage sale and posted a few things on Craigslist. I am so pleased with it all. It was a little sad seeing all the things Aikman and Pippa used be sold but I am glad I let go of a lot of it. Aikman was so funny when someone would walk up and start picking things up, he would say “momma, that lady is taking all of Pippa’s stuff! Now she not have any clothes!” or he would say, with the saddest look on his face “but those were my toys!” I told him he was bad for business lol I didn’t want someone feeling bad and changing their mind. Sweet boy. We were pooped afterward and Jenny was sweet enough to offer to make us dinner so we all went to their house to eat. She made spaghetti and we let the kids play. We left about 8 and went to get a snow cone. I had birthday cake with cream, Devin had a sugar free pina colada, Aikman had the Hulk and Pips had Barbie. It was then home for bed. We were all ready for it.

Devin's display. Lol. Cowboys hats and posters. 
Getting all set up. 
Devin taking signs to put out, Monks carrying a box we wrote on. 
Mid sale, we had condensed! Got rid of two tables and all my big stuff on ground was gone!
Snowcone!


Sunday we woke up to the kids laughing hysterically and hearing Apollo running around in the hall. The kids were both up and playing with him in Pippa’s room. Crazy things. We let Apollo out and hung out together. Our house was so messy from the day before so we spent about an hour cleaning everything up. My kids are such good helpers! Pete and Phil showed up around 10 and we all decided we wanted to make a big breakfast. Devin and Pete went to the store and then we all started cooking. We had eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, biscuits, gravy and juice. So yummy! It was nice eating all together. The boys then left, I got ready and we went to Sams and then to HEB. We got home late, around 2:30 and ate lunch. Pippa was really tired and so was Devin so they laid down and Monks and I laid on the couch watching Lion King. I dozed off but I don’t think he did. He did rest though so that is good. Pippa and Devin woke around 6 and we weren’t that hungry so just made a smoothie. I did feed Pippa something small though. It was then time for baths and the kids played with some Easter eggs I had laying around and then I put Pippa to bed at 8:30. Monks and I filled his eggs for his class’s hunt on Wednesday. We had Kit-Kats, stretchy bunnies and gummy bunnies and chicks. We had to tape our eggs shut ha ha. Can’t wait for next weekend! 

a ladybug he found. 
sitting with daddy
with me
So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment