Tuesday, May 21, 2013

My Day With the Kiddos!


Monday, Mrs. Morgan called in sick, so I took a sick day too to stay with the kiddos! We were all up bright and early and enjoyed breakfast and some playtime outside in the back before it got crazy hot. We had fun drawing with chalk and even tying some curling ribbon around the three big posts on the patio. We adjusted them at different heights and Aikman had lots of fun climbing under and over the laser beams as we called them. We then went inside and got dressed for the day and had snack. We had bought some cherries the other day at the store and the kids love them. I was nervous Pippa wouldn’t know how to spit the seed out, so I tried manually getting them all out. That was messy and they lost a lot of their juice. I gave her a whole one and she did great! She knew to take it out of her mouth. Monks loves pulling all the stems off of them for us. We then headed to Red Bud and we were the only people there! I was in shock! I don’t think that has ever happened. We played for about 45 minutes and then walked over to see the prairie dogs play. The kids got so excited because the animals were “talking” to each other and would stand on their hind legs and then make this squeaky sound and then go back on all fours and another one would do it at another hole and it went back and forth about 10 times. How funny! We ran by Sonic to get a drink and then headed home to make lunch. We had a nice lunch together and then we went down for naps. We played some after naps and made so many things out of Legos. We pretended we were in a bakery and made all kinds of cakes. Pips baked them, and we decorated them. We were just being silly and Aikman would repeat me at times but I laughed when he said he was making “fondant flowers” for decoration. Crazy boy.

Funny story. I was making dinner and Aikman came over to me and asked if I needed help. This was our conversation:

Aikman: Need help momma?
Me: No monkey, I am good, thanks though.
Aikman: Want me to put forks on the table?
Me: I already got some out, thanks though.
Aikman: Want me to help cook?
Me: No squids, I am almost done! Thanks though.  
Aikman: Want me to tear my shirt off like the Hulk?
Me: (laughing) I would rather you didn’t.

He then shrugged his shoulders, turned and walked off. Lol. As if he was thinking, eh, your loss! 

Building some "cakes"
Many faces of my monkey! Sad, angry, shy, surprised!
Look how curly her hair was! She woke up like that. 
Playing at the park 
Onceler Pippa lol 
Just a swangin'......
Finishing a movie

1 comment:

  1. looks like ya'll had a lot of fun! I like his many faces and I love that he asked if you wanted him to rip his shirt off like the Hulk. You should've said yes! I can't wait to see them (oh and ya'll too) in 3 more days!

    ReplyDelete