Wednesday, May 8, 2013

My Little All Star

We had our coaches meeting last night. Our first ever team meeting! Devin is a little nervous because he is the only coach lol but I know he will do great. He only has 11 three and four year olds to teach! Ha ha. We are super excited though. My baby's games will be on Saturday morning from 8:30 to 9:30 and they start June 1 and go until July 20. Eight games total. The coach gets to pick the practice time so Devin decided on Thursdays from 5:30 to 6:30. That way, they only have one day in between their practice and game. Tonight is our parent's meeting where the YMCA Sports Director will speak and then the coach will speak with their team's parents. Devin had to call all the parents last night to let them know about tonight! Exciting! I have already typed up a sheet with bullets of things Devin needs to go over the parents with and I am in the process of making a snack sign up sheet! I will pass that around tonight and then each parent can sign up for what game they want to bring snacks and drinks to. Devin and I decided we will provide the drinks and snacks at each practice so I hope with only one Saturday the whole season, the parents will be excited to sign up! 

Aikman's team is called "Athletics" (so generic in my opinion but whatevs) and their colors are KEL/BLK. I assume the KEL is kelly green but I will find out tonight. We can rock green and black if that is the case and Aikman will be thrilled since the Hulk is green! We are going by this weekend to get his glove (eek!), pants (double eek!) and cleats (HUGE EEK!)! How precious will my baby be?!?! I am also so proud of Devin for coaching. He is going to do great, I just know it! He is such a great dad! 

Of course I will post pics of him in all his gear and you KNOW my Pips will have to get a cheerleading outfit. Oh yes, pom poms and all. I will get my game day bag ready with noisemakers for all the parents, pom poms and our first aid kit (thanks Auntie Karen!). This season will be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment