Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Weekend Update-Mother's Day Weekend


Saturday we woke up and got ready to head to the mall! I needed some hand soaps and lotion from BBW and we wanted to get an umbrella stroller for Pips so we went by Sears too. We hadn’t seen everyone in a long time so it was nice to catch up. They could not believe how much the kids had grown. We walked some in the mall and when I went into BBW, the kids and Devin hit up the arcade. I met them in there when I was finished. We then headed to Logan’s for lunch. I had been dying for their salmon and so I was treated to it! Devin is so sweet! After lunch, we went and looked at some furniture and then made a trip to Hobby Lobby and found more stuff there. It was then home for naps for the kiddos! When they woke up, we went to United and got some stuff so Devin could grill. Man, it was awesome! He made steaks, kabobs, corn, shrimp stuffed poppers, sausage and then we bought some coleslaw, macaroni salad and potato salad and I made a sopaipilla cheesecake for dessert. We were stuffed! Good thing we went for a walk around the neighborhood later!

He was singing to his new CD
Shooting at something in the arcade

At Logan's
She looks like she is massaging him
Trying to get him to smell her rose
She loved this flower
Yep, amazing. 
Needless to say, they had a bath that night! 
Sunday we woke up and had a lazy day. It was the perfect end to a fun filled, lovely weekend. Devin and Monks got breakfast burritos while Pips and I hung out together at the house. We all ate and then headed down to Austin Elementary just up the street to play some baseball. We practiced for about 40 minutes and Monks loved batting, playing catch, and catching the balls I hit off the tee. When we could tell he was getting tired, we went to play on the playground! The kids had so much fun and we sat in the sand and pretended it was a restaurant and Monks stood behind this counter and made the food and Pippa was the waitress. He cooked us everything you could think of! She would carry out handfuls of sand and put it in our hands. Most ended up in our laps but it was worth it! We played for about 30 minutes like that! We then went home and played around and had lunch. It was then nap time and after naps, we played outside in the sprinkler. It felt so good! Apollo enjoyed it the most, but the kids still had lots of fun. Pete and Phil came over around 5:30 and we ate leftovers and a frozen lasagna I had with salad. We celebrated me all weekend and I know I am so loved! Nothing beats a weekend full of spending time with the man of your dreams, your precious babies and your sweet family. They make being a mommy so wonderful and I wouldn’t trade it for anything in this world! Thanks for loving me like you do and making it easy! I have to admit Mother’s Day doesn’t feel the same as it used to since my mom passed away, but I have come to celebrate still, and knowing I am the mother I am now is because of her, brings a smile to my face. We still celebrate her daily! Happy Mother’s Day mom! You are always in our hearts! 

What my monkey made me at school....
Pips with her wrestler hair
Look at this pro!

They loved these little poppy things. 
Playing in water



No comments:

Post a Comment