Friday, May 3, 2013

Random Pics and Sweet Stories

The kids come and get in our bed every morning now. We wake up to little elbows and knees in our backs and sides and I wouldn't have it any other way! Nothing is sweeter first thing in the morning than hearing those little giggles and hearing how they slept! Great way to start a day! 


The other night we went and ate at Mr. Gatti's and then went to the park across from the zoo to let the kids play. It was going to storm that night, and we knew it, but the sky was just getting that yellowish color to it and so we knew we had some time. While the kids played, we started hearing light thunder. Devin and I were sitting on some big rocks while the kids went up to go down a slide. Lightning hit and I knew within seconds the thunder was coming. Sure enough, this loud boom came and both kids were halfway down the slide and screamed and began to cry and ran to us as fast as they could. We had to laugh. Aikman got to us and said "this is really bad!" and asked if we could leave. It began to sprinkle as we loaded up in the car and on the way home we hit the bad parts with crazy rain and hail. We then got home, had dessert and went outside. The water was flowing by the curb and they took turns sending leaves and sticks down the water to watch how fast it went. We then, I know this is gross, but let the kids walk through the water and run from one side to the other. I did it too with them and they had the best time. I am now that mom that let her kids play in rain water by the curb. I always see kids doing that and am like eww, so gross, those poor kids. Now those kids are mine. Lol. Oh well, we took baths after and they laughed so hard and had a great time. You're only 1 and 3 once. Ha ha. 


In the water
Last night we went to Catfish Corner with Phil. Of course the food was amazing as usual. Pips ate some corn dog, some fries, some fish, some onion rings, some huspuppies and then ate my salad. I had maybe two bites and she finished the rest. She loved it! We then went to Target for a few things and then headed home! The kids and Devin wrestled for a good 30 minutes. Those two kids could wrestle forever and they want you to be rough with them. They are too crazy! 



When Aikman had a rough day at school last week, and we had our long talk, and he was grounded from desserts and his cars. When he was going back to school the next week, I said okay, if you have a good day, you are not grounded anymore and can have your cars and desserts back. He said "if I have a good day, can we go to Kerrville instead?" Lol. Sweet boy. He would trade his cars for Kerrville. Now that is love.  

This morning as I got his clothes out for school, I picked him some blue track pants to wear. He came back and said "no, momma, my friends might not like these, I don't want to wear them." I said um, okay. He then wore his new Chewbacca shirt and didn't want to put on his jacket. We told him it was cool outside and he could take it off when he got there and he said "but no one will see my cool shirt now!" So concerned with his clothes already. Lol. 

We went to Children's Place the other day and Aikman and Devin went to one side of the store and Pips and I went to the other. She was so stinking cute in there and I already know she is going to be so into shopping. She got distracted along the way by this rack of purses and immediately yelled "mama!" and grabbed one and put it on her arm and walked over to show me. She was just babbling away and pointing at it. She keeps her arm bent and up and just walked around. We began to look at some shirts and skirts and she will tell me if she likes something or not and she ran over to the earrings and bracelets and she really said "pretty!" She called just about everything in there pretty and was so excited to see it all. We tried some shoes on and she modeled them for us. She is too precious and my little girly girl! I wish I had video of her. She is too old for being my baby. We found one shirt on clearance and one sun dress and I handed her the bag after we checked out. She put her little arm through it and walked out with it. You go Ms. Thang. I adore her more than words can say! 

No comments:

Post a Comment