Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Weekend Update

Friday night we went to Kierstyn's softball game. The kids had the best time playing in the stands and cheering for her. She had two games and we finished the first one and stayed for about half of the second one. It was starting to get dark and a little cool out. We did eat out there though and enjoyed the nachos and hot dogs so much. 


Saturday, we finished the house! We had some stuff to hang and the formal living room to set up. It is now done. It looks so nice too! We also went grocery shopping at Sams and at HEB. Since it was Cinco de Mayo weekend, the stores were festive! Sams had mariachis playing and HEB, well HEB is already pretty Mexican so we loaded up on yummy Mexican food! We then went home and put the kids down for nap about 2:45. Devin and I were just sitting on the couch and I was texting Mike. There was a knock at the door and Devin got up to get it. He was joking and said what would you do if it was Mike and Jenny? I said "probably shit my pants." I just continued texting. I then heard a familiar voice say "well you better go change your underwear then!" Ahhhh! It was them!! Jenny walked in with Adrian and I jumped up and ran to meet them. He came right in my arms and gave me the best wet kisses! Precious thing! Mike had got off work at noon, so they came down for the weekend! Devin had known about it and they all wanted to surprise me. Surprised I was!! I couldn't stop smiling! We all sat down and talked and then Adrian and I went to wake up the kids. I should have taken a pic of their faces when they saw him! Priceless! We all cleaned up and talked some and then went to eat dinner. St. Vincent's Catholic Church in town always has a big festival for Cinco de Mayo or Cinco de Minco as my dad called it. We headed out there and they had several food booths along with several games for the kids. Monks played a bean bag toss, a ping pong game, a ring toss, a wheel game and a water gun game. He was so cute. We all did a cake walk and she had the kids draw the number. No one was ever on the winning number so you didn't get a whole cake or box of something, but they let you get a prize. They said a cupcake or a toy. Monks got this giant Spiderman doll, Pips a teddy bear in a skeleton outfit, and Adrian a kangaroo with a baby in it's pouch. Huge prizes. Lol. They also had a big band and lots of great music. Tons of people were out doing the cumbia and dancing away. The kids enjoyed the music. We left about 9:15 to put the kids to bed. We got them all in bed and then we played some dominoes and drank margaritas! It was 2:15 when we all went to bed. 

Our whole wheat french toast for breakfast.
Adrian!!
At Tamolly's
Dancing!
Sweet men. 
About to play games. 
Yes sir!
Sunday, we woke up and Devin made breakfast. We ate and then they left for church. We went back to HEB to get some stuff to grill! The boys came over too and we all had lunch. It was nice. Everyone napped after lunch and when the kids woke up, I took them outside in the backyard. We played with some toys and chalk and then took a ride in the wagon! I ran over my toe once when we were going down the driveway and really thought I cut it off. Three kids in a wagon gains a lot of momentum on a small slope. Lol. They had the best time and were oh so cute! We all just hung out and watched the Lorax and then bathed the kids and put them to bed early. Monks had school the next day too. Jenny helped me make some Teacher Appreciation Gifts for Mrs. Kirksey and Mrs. Jackson. Monks was so excited to take them the next day. We ate some dessert and then went to bed around 11. Devin had already been at work for a few hours. 

Aikman had to have this tray. Lol. 
Sweet girl. 
Off we go!
How cute did these turn out? Magnetic letters and numbers . Thanks Pinterest!

Monday, I had taken off. I talked to my Lieutenant Saturday night and told him they came in town and if he cared if I took off. Of course he let me and said to tell them hi. After taking Monks to school, we went to the library for some story time and then took Adrian and Pippa to the park to play. We also went by a daycare to talk to them about summer care, but you had to have an appointment. We then picked up Monks and had lunch at Chick-fil-A and let the kids play in there. We then got ice cream for everyone and headed home. I put Pips down for her nap and they began to pack. Tio had a training today so they wanted to be home by 7ish. It was sad to see them leave but we had the best time ever!! Thanks again guys for the best surprise I could ask for! 

I could not find Pippa's comb after her bath, so I used one of those baby brushes. She woke up with her hair this curly! Look at that face! 
Waiting for story time!
Look at this beast eating a cone. Both ends! Lol. 
Two Spideys. Yep, that was his prize for NOT winning in the cake walk ha ha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment