Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Weekend Update


Friday, I got off work two hours early to get ready for a garage sale we were having Saturday. We had started a little pile in the corner of the garage and I was so ready to have it all gone! Plus, Monks’ baseball season starts this week so we won’t have another free Saturday morning until end of July and I did not want to wait that long. Most of the stuff was still priced from the last garage sale we had so it was pretty easy. We were also able to set stuff up on tables and then just take them out in the morning. Phil was off so he brought over some stuff he wanted to sell. We priced that as well. It was so hot outside, even with the patio door and the garage open so we took a little break for dinner and I decided to finish as the sun went down. We had BBQ chicken Devin had made in the Crockpot and some sides. We then stopped by Kierstyn’s softball game for about an hour and then headed home. We just hung out and I bathed the kids and put them to bed. After finishing pricing and drinking some margaritas, we called it a night at 1:00! We had to be up at 6:45 to get everything out. It came early! Lol.

We found these masks in the garage. Lol. 
Saturday, I had my alarm set for 6:45 but I woke up to someone grabbing my leg and pulling themselves up onto the bed. It was 6:20 and Pips was just looking at me and I looked at her for a second and she waved to me and said “hi” and crawled up. We laid there until the alarm went off and then I got dressed and went to move the car. It was 6:55 and a lady was sitting in her truck at the end of our driveway. She asked me if we were ready yet. I won’t tell you what I thought in my head as she looked at me. Wow people, come on. It was already a little humid and so we were already sweating. We stayed out until 1:00 and then took the leftovers to Goodwill. We did sell a lot, but I also feel like we had so much left! Needless to say, I was so thrilled to see it go. Our garage looks great now! We made about $150 and that was everything being sold at half off from about 10:45 and on! So, not bad, but we have had better. The kids did so well outside too. Pippa would thank people when I did and would tell people bye or hi and wave at them. Phil made $14 and Mike and Jenny made $4. Lol. We grabbed lunch after we made the stop at Goodwill, and then it was time for naps. For all of us. We were so tired. After our naps, we made dinner and played outside in the sprinkler. Aikman loves it, but Pips is very picky. She enjoyed having her feet in it and splashing when the water was off, but if she gets sprayed in the face, it really pisses her off. She was by the sprinkler when Devin turned it on and she got sprayed of course. She stood in the stream of water, just screaming. The longer she was there, the more fury there was behind it. She would not move on her own and was there until I went and picked her up. She then stopped. It was like she was thinking, you did this to me, YOU better fix it! Lol. So dramatic. So she enjoyed her feet and legs being sprayed as she was in her swing and Monks and I played in it, along with Apollo. It felt so good.

Pips coloring outside. 
After the sale, being silly in the car. 

Look at that face! 


Manitas Up!

Sunday, we woke up and I made a horrible breakfast. We had a new sugar free pancake mix we were excited to try and I then realized we didn’t have any eggs. Devin offered to go get some, but I didn’t want him to have to, so I improvised. I googled an alternative to eggs in a recipe. Lots of ideas were given, so I tried one. Yeah………no. I should have known this would be a huge fail based on the batter, but I wanted to be supermom and save breakfast! They tasted horrible and my poor Monks and Devin were going to eat them so they wouldn’t hurt my feelings! Sweet but sorry fellas. I wouldn’t feed those to my worst enemy! Okay, so I take that back, I probably would try that he he but that’s beside the point. We ended up just heating some frozen whole grain waffles we had. Sigh. At least my fruit salad of strawberries, bananas and blackberries and my turkey sausage was a hit! Lol. You live and learn. Never substitute something for eggs. Ever.  Most people are probably thinking, wow, why would we but I feel like that girl from that commercial with the French model boyfriend, they can’t put anything on the internet that isn’t true. Ha ha. Our day got better as Pete and Phil and Nicole came by to look at baby clothes. They went through and ended up leaving with a big tub of stuff. I can’t wait to see little Lucas in these outfits! They have gone from Aikman to Adrian and now to Lucas. A lot of it my mom bought so they are extra special outfits! We then all went and had lunch at Tamolly’s. We went back to the house and played a few rounds of Don’t Break the Ice and then everyone left and it was naptime for the kiddos. We had more outside time after naps. Devin and Monks played catch and we had some more water time later on. Such a fun filled weekend with lots of family time! Nothing beats that! 

Huge fail and waiting on our waffles
Monks took this himself at Tamolly's. Yes, he knew how to get to my camera from the home screen and everything. 
My strong boy
Splashing

No comments:

Post a Comment