Friday, May 31, 2013

Weekend Update Part 3

Monday was Memorial Day of course and I was off and Devin had taken off Sunday night. We all woke up, had breakfast and Pete and Phil came over. We all got ready to head out to the cemeteries. We went out to my dad’s first because they were having a big service out there. They had music playing and several people were arriving. We didn’t think the kids would sit that long and so we just put out our flowers, sat around for a minute and then watched the motorcycles drive by. There were about 40 of them and they all made one line all the way down the road and through the cemetery. They all had flags and it was so pretty. I was glad the kids got to be a part of that and see it. We talked to Aikman about what they  were honoring and celebrating and although he didn’t fully understand all of it, he gets it for the most part and has always loved and respected the flag since it is “just like Grandpa’s flag!” It looked beautiful out there with all the red white and blue and all the flags. We got some great pics and although it always makes me sad to go out there, I am very proud my dad was buried there. We went and had lunch at Wholly Cow after. We then headed to see Gigi and give her new flowers. The kids were sweet out there and Monks gets very happy to go there. We headed home and put the little ones down for naps and then everyone laid down for a nap. I watched Juno since it was on TV and I had never seen it. It was sweet. When everyone woke up, we just played and kind of hung out and then Tio and I made dinner. We made Million Dollar Spaghetti and had some bread and salad and Tio made a pistachio fruit salad. The kids loved it. Adrian wasn’t feeling too well so Tia tried laying him down. He didn’t eat much though. We then bathed everyone and they began to pack. They left at about 8:30 to head home. We had the best weekend and so much fun. The kids love getting to play and see each other and I sure do enjoy being with all of them, I really do miss them daily. Thank God for all the technology we have to keep in touch lol It was a great Memorial Day and we appreciate and salute all of those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for their country and our family. Your service will never be forgotten. 

I love this pic. I love how Pips is hugging it. 
Adrian photobomb! 
Love!
Just woke up from nap
Preciousness! 


1 comment: