Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Sweet Gramita


It is with sorrow yet joy I make this post. Our sweet Gramita has passed away. She was 91 years old. Amazing huh? She really just passed of old age. She was not sick, not in pain and just went in her sleep. I sometimes wonder how much longer she would have lasted had my mom not passed. She kind of started going downhill after that. Not really health wise, just social wise as weird as that sounds. She stopped volunteering, traveling to visit and even leaving her apartment at times. All that aside, there was a big reunion yesterday morning I am sure! She was a great person and made us laugh so much. She was the only grandmother I really had. I used to stay the summers with her when I was younger and we had so much fun. She loved when Mike and I would come down. She even loved spending time with Pete and Phil even more. Those were her babies! She came down all the time and would bring them “cakey” in that yellowish colored carrier. The boys actually requested to keep it not too long ago and already have it. We always teased her for cheating at Skip-Bo and referred to parking or sitting right by someone when there were plenty of other spaces as “pulling a grandma Frances.” I really smiled as I typed that. Lol. Every time we watch Wheel of Fortune I think of her. Every time I see a bottle of Mogen David I will remember her. We have so many wonderful memories with her and I will never forget her. I am so grateful she got to meet three of her great grandchildren and at least see little Lucas in a sonogram pic. I know he made her smile.

I talked to Aikman about it last night and told him she had passed away. He said “oh no, that’s sad!” I said yes, it is sad to lose her, but she was 91 so she lived a long life. He then looked at me with big eyes and said “oh, that is a long, long, long, long time!” I laughed and had to agree. I then asked him where she was now and he said at the orange house with the birds in front. He was referring to the nursing home we saw her at the last time we went. I said no, she is not there if she is gone, where do we want to go when we die and he said he didn’t know. I then told him she was in heaven and he said oh yeah, with Big Tio and Tia! I laughed and said um, no they are alive, who is already in heaven? He said Gigi and Grandpa! He then told me he wanted to see Gigi so bad and I said we would one day, but not yet and he said that made him sad. Precious boy. I told him it made me sad too, but they were in a great place and okay. He just smiled. How adorable is he?

Anyway, we will never forget her and this is definitely a celebration of life! We love you Gramita! We will be sure to do a little “ka-leek-ee-lee” at your service! 

With my sweet Pips
Love this pic
Can this be any cuter? 
At Mamacitas

No comments:

Post a Comment