Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ice Cream & Cake & Cake! Ice Cream & Cake & Cake!

Sunday night everyone came over for cake and ice cream and presents! Once everyone was there, we all realized none of us had eaten dinner yet so Phil and I went to Little Caesars and got some pizzas and crazy bread. We ate that and then it was dessert time!! We had stripped monks down so icing would not be all over his clothes and it would make for easy bath time right after. We had a white cake with butter crème icing and homemade vanilla ice cream (not like I made it, that was the name on the Blue Bell carton). It was wonderful! I sadly forgot to buy 31 candles so we did 1 for each decade old he was and then one for the year so we had four candles. When we are short on candles we do silly things like that. Devin’s cake was done in dog years last year ha ha. You learn to improvise. Anyway, Monks loved it!! He seriously ate everything on his plate. He was a mess after (his hands were filthy and his tummy had ice cream running down it so we took off our diaper and walked naked to the bath. I had to do a pre rinse before I filled up the tub so he would not have icing floating in his water. After his bath, he told everyone good night (it was already 8:30!) and then Tio opened his gifts. Pete had bought him the beard trimmer and Phil bought him new work shoes. Devin got him some underwear, Monks got him socks, and I got him what was supposed to be a gift card to Amazon but I ended up giving him cash to use toward that because I could not find a gift card for Amazon anywhere. I tried five stores! I guess you have to go online maybe? Tio loves to read and for his last birthday Gigi bought him a Kindle and he adores it! So the gift cards come in handy. We also helped them move some this past weekend and Jenny and I had loaded all his books in the Tahoe and they seriously took up the whole back plus the back seat. It is crazy how many books he has! I told him he is only allowed to order books on the Kindle from now on. His library looks like the one in Beauty and the Beast, like where you need ladders to get to them. Oh, and yesterday at work, he got a package in the mail. What was it you ask? A book. J Guess that’s why he is so smart; he reads all the time! Hope you had a great birthday Tio!  






1 comment:

  1. thank you! Yes, I had a most wonderful birthday, thanks to my wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete