Wednesday, March 23, 2011

It's A Girl!!

Olivia Grace will be here soon!! I can’t believe it. A little girl. I am still smiling with excitement. Let me replay the whole morning for you. After we dropped Monks off at the sitters, Devin and I had breakfast at Grandy’s and I got some sweet tea!! I was in heaven. I do not drink any tea or cokes during my pregnancies to limit any caffeine I take in but to get our little baby moving, I had a cup before the ultrasound. I did the same thing the day we found out with Monks. Anyway, we ate and then went to the doctors. We were taken into the ultrasound room and sat there waiting for about ten minutes. Devin said once again he thought it was a girl and I was just so nervous I could not think straight. Dr. McCain then came in and we talked for several minutes and then she asked if we were ready to see our baby! She started the prep stuff and had turned the lights out and right when she put the thing on my stomach she asked if we wanted to know the sex and we said yes! yes! and within about five seconds she said well congratulations, that is definitely a little girl! I turned to look at Devin and we just smiled at each other and I teared up some. It was a great moment. I looked at the screen and thought my baby girl, Olivia. She was being so funny and every time the doctor tried to get a face shot, she would wiggle around and put her bottom up in the air right on the screen. We saw her feet and she measured her femur and we were supposed to be 21 weeks, 5 days and she was measuring 21 weeks, 3 days which she said is absolutely perfect. She measured the top of her head when she could finally get it and we saw a side shot where her arms were moving. It was like she was punching the air, alternating her arms. It was so cute. We got a fairly decent shot of her face and heard and saw her heartbeat. In the pic with the heartbeat, you can see her spine and it is the best thing I have ever seen. I love it. Dr. McCain said she weighs 1 pound, 1 ounce right now which is barely above average by 5 oz. I am glad she is growing right on time. She has been moving so much more lately and I especially notice it when I am drinking ice cold water sitting at my desk. That really gets her going. I was so excited when we left and we could not stop smiling. I wanted to wait to tell everyone in some cute way but I could not wait one minute! I told all family first and then once I started hearing from them I sent out a mass text to everyone in my phone! Thanks everyone for the kind words and sharing in our special special time. Devin is so excited and I know she will be his world. He texted everyone in his phone that now he will have two women in his life and he definitely needs another job. J I cannot wait to have that special bond and relationship with my little girl like my mom and I had.  It has already begun. I love you my sweet Olivia and you have already stolen our hearts.

When I picked up Monks yesterday I told him the great news and he just smiled. I know he does not understand yet, but he knows a baby is in mommy’s tummy and so now we can call her by her name. I asked him on the ride home if he could say sister and he did not say anything and I said monkey can you say Olivia? And he responded with a no but his no was drawn out like wow, that is a hard word, no I can’t say that yet. It made me smile. He will be the best big brother! How will I handle so much preciousness???  


This is her bottom and kind of looks like a B? That little dark space is between her legs. The doctor pointed out the three little lines and how there is definitely nothing there.

Her heartbeat. Do you see the spine?! Love it!

This is her head and face from the top. Hard to describe but you can see the two eyes with the bridge of the nose in the middle and the top of her mouth. I know if I was able to point in person you would be like oh yeah but describing it is hard. Lol Either way, that is her precious face.      

2 comments:

  1. you are going to have a feisty one, that's exactly what hopp did the first time we saw her, the boxing motion. just beware, she is going to rule the house. ;) so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete