Thursday, March 31, 2011

Monkey Blanket

Monks diaper had leaked the other night and so I had to wash his sheets and blankets that evening. I decided to bleach his sheets and the mattress cover along with his towels and socks and one of his favorite blankets. I put off washing the other load but it was still in his dirty clothes basket. Jacque (a co worker of mine) and her daughter Addi made monks this fleece blanket with monkeys for Christmas. He fell in love with it!! He likes to grab it and just hold it while he sleeps or it will be under him and he uses it like a pillow. Well it was in his dirty clothes basket on top as I had not washed it yet. When I put him in his bed, he grabbed his blanket and went to lay down and then stood right up and pointed to the dirty clothes. He said I want that as he pointed. I knew he wanted his blanket and I said sorry monkey its dirty and he had this distressed look on his face and he said please (which he pronounces peas) so all I heard over and over was peas, peas, peas. I said sorry monks, you can have it tomorrow and I felt horrible. But my actual heart was ripped out of my chest when he looked at me with that perfect precious face and adorable eyes and said peas momma. I wanted to die! I really got teary eyed. I had to deny him it and as I walked out saying good night I heard him say bye. Once I was out of the room I went back to the living room and sat down and I heard him yell Momma and since I felt so bad I went in there and he was laying down and smiled and said bye. I felt better he was not devastated, he is a tough boy but he still was so sweet asking for that blanket. He will def have it tonight when he goes to bed. J

No comments:

Post a Comment