Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Paging Mr. Monks

When I got off work, I picked up Monks and we headed home. Devin called me as I was about 2 minutes from our house and I told him I would be home any minute and he said okay, I just need to get those papers from you. Ugh. I had made some copies of something for him at work and had them on my desk so I would not forget them. Guess what? Forgot them! He said it was okay, I could get them later but I felt bad and so I told him let me run back up there and I will meet you at the Academy. (It’s a few minutes up the road from my work) So Monks and I passed our turn and went back to get on the highway to get the packets. Tio was working that evening so I ran into his office and left Monks so I could go get the stuff off my desk. I then went back to get Aikman and he walked right past me and down the hall. I said Monks we gotta go and went to get him. He of course, thinking I am playing, takes off down the hall and is nearing our Lieutenants office. I grabbed his hand and said we did not have time to play and we went back to walk out. We stopped to tell Tio bye and he waved at him and as we walked down the hall Tio yelled bye monks and Aikman then in turn yelled bye back. We walked outside and were walking past the gas pump and there is an intercom there and Tio said bye Aikman and Aikman’s eyes got so big and he looked around. He was amazed he could still hear Tio. They yelled bye back and forth several times and even as I put Aikman in his car seat, he was still looking around yelling bye. It was so funny. We then hurried to meet Devin, whose class started in about 20 minutes and when we pulled up to the Academy, he was standing by his truck. He started to walk up to us and so did about four other guys. Monks got all happy until the guys started talking to him with the window rolled down and you could tell Aikman did not know what to think! One of the guys has a full mustache and facial hair is weird to Aikman if it is someone new. He stared at them and then started looking down, glancing up occasionally and then his bottom lip started to quiver. My poor boy! We had to say our goodbyes and leave.

2 comments:

  1. glad to know he accepts my beard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding? You're Tio aka Joe-Gi! He would love you if your beard was to your knees!

    ReplyDelete