Friday, January 27, 2012

Goals for 2012 (for Monks)

I have a few goals I have set for Aikman to accomplish this year.

1.       Be potty trained! I can’t stress this one enough lol. He will be almost 3 and a half come the end of December 2012 and I think that is more than enough time for him to accomplish this huge milestone. We are working on it and he likes his Cars potty and sits on it and flushes the handle to make the car revving sound but never goes in it. I know he is such a smart boy so it will just take some time and patience and praise. At least he is trying! This is a huge work in progress and Devin and I are going to stop being lazy and take on this task full force. I know he can do it and will be so proud of himself.
2.       Learn his alphabet and recognize each letter. He says his alphabet very well but has those few letters he mumbles together. He has foam letters and numbers he plays with in the bath and our goal is to focus on 3 letters a week and get him familiar with the letter and recognizing it. This will happen each night in the tub and we will go over them maybe 3 or 4 times while in there. His memory is amazing so I know he can do this in no time at all.
3.       Learn his colors. He can say all the colors but when you point to something it is hit or miss. I can point at a blue ball and he will say green? Purple? Pink? Yellow? Orange? And just go through every color until you make him stop. At times he does get them right but it is purely a coincidence. I have flash cards with shapes and colors so we need to put them to use! I also saw online where you can buy bath tablets from Crayola’s website that makes your water colored! We will definitely be trying those!

Those are my goals for my sweet boy. He is such a smart little guy and loves to learn. I am so excited to get to utilize all my learning crafts and projects I have been saving up since before he was born! Lol. And thanks to Pinterest, I have a billion new ideas to use!

No comments:

Post a Comment