Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Monkey Gets Sick

In the middle of the night on January 4th, Aikman woke up crying. I went in to check on him and he was burning up! Every inch of his body was so hot to touch. I knew he was sick because he never runs fever. He was also coughing and I just knew trying to give him some Motrin would make him throw up so I just brought him to bed with me, got him some apple juice and put a cold rag on his forehead. He tossed and turned all night and would wake up whiny and want to be close to you. I held him a few times in bed. I called in to work and told my Lieutenant the situation and then waited until 8:30 to call for an appointment. They could not see him that day and had an opening at 2:50 the next day. I took it. He was so sick with a cough, fever off and on (he did take some Motrin finally) and runny nose. Pippa was as happy as could be all day and then about 2 she started a small cough but it was not bad and I assumed it was from teething as she is drooling like crazy and will choke on her spit at times. Aikman rested all day and still was not feeling well. Devin of course worked that night and I decided to work the next day until their appointment so Pete and Phil kept the kids until 2 on Thursday for us. I was so not prepared for the news we received at the appointment. I did not take any pics of Aikman that day as he was not feeling well at all.


You can see his reflection in the mirrored chest :) Pippa's hair is getting crazy long so I have started putting it up.


She had just finished eating some strawberries. I cut them super tiny and spoon fed and she loved them!


Apparently still hungry so eating a dinosaur.


Look at that face! Precious baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment