Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happy New Year! 2012!

New Years Eve during the day was spent playing in the backyard and just hanging out at home. Monks got to ride his bike from Santa outside and play with Apollo. After naps, I went to the grocery store and then we headed over to Tio and Tia’s to celebrate! Tia made her famous chili and I made a dip, some pepperoni rolls and jalapeno poppers. Everything was so good and we ate forever. The kids played and we put the babies to bed around 8:30 and I let my Monks stay up until about 10. Pips slept in Adrian’s crib since he is still in his nap nanny in the playpen and Monks slept in the super big soft guest bed they have. We talked and just had fun and then Pete and Phil headed over to their friends house to ring in the New Year sans old married couples and kids. J Tio, Tia, Devin and I then played a game and as it neared midnight, Tio opened the sparkling wine he had bought, it was sooo good and we all counted down and toasted and kissed our spouses! We then returned to playing games and having a few drinks. We stayed up until almost three and then called it a night. Devin and I slept on the couches.

The next morning we woke up and just laid around. Tio and Tia and Adrian went to church and I ran home to get the kids some clothes and more diapers. (We had not planned on spending the night and I don’t know why, because we knew the kids would be sound asleep.) I then returned and gave them baths and cleaned up and then started warming leftovers so we could eat when they came home from church. I then texted Pete and Phil to have them come over and eat too. We stayed at their house all day eating, napping and watching football. To be honest, 2011 was a horrible year (like that even comes close to describing it) and I am so glad it is over.


My Pips sound asleep. Look at that hair!


Pre-Haircut


Handsome Boy after! Look at that face!



Awww

Riding Aikman's Buzz car at Tio and Tia's lol


Cousins on New Year's Day!






Fell asleep in Adrian's swing


With uncle Phil on New Year's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment