Friday, January 27, 2012

Goals for 2012 (for myself)

I know I am late on this but along with the New Year comes resolutions. They are mainly goals I want to set for myself and my family.  I don’t have too many but Andrew (that’s Tio’s real name, bet you never heard it here lol) did them on his blog and I want to post them here so I can be held accountable!

Goals for Me:
1.       No more cokes. More Water. I love Cokes. Cokes of all kinds. When I was pregnant each time, I cut out all caffeine except for a glass of sweet tea before the sonogram where we found out the sex so they would be active. I drank so much water being pregnant and then it was like after I had them, I stopped drinking it. My last coke was New Year’s Eve and I have been drinking a lot of water at work. I have been proud of myself.
2.       Wash my face before bed EVERY night. I never do this. Ever. In my defense, I only wear eye liner and mascara and like three times a month I will put on eye shadow. I also only use chapstick. Guess I am just naturally beautiful. J I have never been a big makeup person so I don’t feel like it’s horrible, but I want to start a skincare routine. My skin is not bad by any means but I will be 30 this year and feel it is time. I want to be sure I have nice skin like my mom. She was 52 and everyone thought she was younger than she actually was. She was just perfect in every way though.
3.       Cook more. I have been on Pinterest for a while and found so many great recipes and I even love to cook dinner now. I want to be sure the kids grow up eating home cooked meals and remember me as that mom who cooked and not grabbed something several times a week. I want them eating healthy, full course meals. I felt like I was slacking if I didn’t do this but I think a lot of that just comes with mommy guilt. Either way, I have been cooking so much more and everyone seems to love it. I am proud of myself so far!
4.       Make date night a priority and be a better wife. I have to admit I have a great husband who loves me dearly and always makes me feel special and beautiful no matter what. I need to appreciate him more. 2011 was such a busy year with so many life changing events and I can’t remember the last time we went to the movies together or to dinner by ourselves. We have been together a little over 12 years and married for almost 7. We still are very much in love and always will be but I want to work on showing him more. I am not what you would call super romantic. Flowers and chick flicks gross me out. My idea of romance is beer and good food and an action/horror movie. Not very typical. I want to do little things for Devin so he knows how much I still adore him and love him.
5.      This one may seem dumb and is very personal but figure out a way to deal with the losses of last year. There I said it. I don’t know how to so if it means talking to someone thru counseling or expressing my feelings more with my family so be it. I need to deal so I can be the mother, wife, sister and daughter everyone is proud to have.

Those are my five goals I set for myself. I am working on each of them so I will keep you updated as to any progress! Happy 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment