Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Misses Grandpa, But Not Extra Terrestrials

The other morning when Aikman woke up he was laying on the couch and I was getting him dressed. He told me something out of the blue that made my heart burst with happiness and sadness at the same time and then I could not help but laugh.

Me: Did you sleep well?
Monks: Yes momma.
Me: Like a big dog or a little pup?
Monks: A little pup. I wanna see Grandpa.
Me: Well monkey, he is not here. Where is he?
Monks: In heaven.
Me: Yes, in heaven. So we can't see him now, but one day you will see him again.
Monks: Oh. I miss him. I miss Grandpa.
Me: I know sweetheart, me too.
I got a little teary eyed and then he said
Monks: Grandpa talked to me.
Me: He did?
Monks: Mm hmm. Grandpa talked to me. But E.T. not talk to me!

Yes, E.T. as in the extra terrestrial. This child is obsessed with him and never even seen the movie. He saw a preview that I skipped through at the beginning of Lion King for E.T. and now mentions him all the time. Crazy I tell you!

No comments:

Post a Comment