Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Our Lowe's Adventure

We went running around the other day and went to several stores. Devin is on this big kick that he wants to build Apollo a dog house, which is great to me. He wants it to be his and Aikman’s project. We went pricing some supplies. At Lowe’s we also looked at several sheds. Aikman went in one that was red and had white trim. He stood in the middle and said look momma, I like a cow! Lol. I laughed so hard. He thought he was in a barn which is a cow’s house in his eyes. How cute is that? Aikman was so funny in the store. He asks what everything is we pass and so I would tell him PVC pipe or insulation or whatever he would ask me about and he would go oh, I want that or I like that momma, that’s cool! Like he even knew what I was talking about. Half the time I didn’t even know, I was just reading signs! He is also in love with riding lawnmowers. He always tells us how much he wants one.

I then told Devin I wanted to look at the flowers. He just shook his head. As soon as we walked outside, Aikman took a deep breath in. He said I smell it momma! I said me too, doesn’t it smell so good? He said yes. We then started to look at stuff and he said look momma, those like Gigi’s flowers! I am honestly not sure if he was referring to flowers we take to her or because she always had flowers around her house. Either way it was super sweet. That leads me to why Devin shook his head. My mom loved flowers and planting them…it’s just sometimes she would leave them too long and they would die before they got planted. Then she just had to buy more! J I am horrible with flowers. And plants. And grass. And anything you are supposed to grow. I couldn’t even make my Topsy Turvy work. How sad is that? Devin said why do you even look at these. Just like your mom, you will kill them. Lol. He reminded me of all the flowers my mom would have my dad buy when he was down and then some would get planted and some would get thrown away. It made me laugh. I said well I want to just try again. So that is my goal. Plant some flowers and make them live. No matter what. I have two planters on both sides of the driveway. I should have flowers in them! I can hang something somewhere. I have a small flower bed by my sidewalk. I figure it would be fun to do with the kids too. We can plant and water them and watch them grow. I did not buy any this weekend. The line was too long. Yes, already starting with the excuses. Lol. Have faith in me! I will do it. If not just for myself, at least to prove Devin wrong. J

No comments:

Post a Comment