Thursday, March 15, 2012

Day 2

We woke and had a yummy breakfast and then got ready for the day. We went shopping at their mall and Devin got some new tennis shoes and Tia Net bought Monks a new basketball. We then headed to a few small boutique type children’s stores and then down to walk by the Guadalupe River. Aikman was very excited to see the water and throw his leftover popcorn to the ducks. We will let him swim in it this summer with Daddy. Mommy is grossed out by rivers and lakes. J We then headed home for lunch and picked up Gramita on the way. We ate and played some and then when the kids were down for their naps, we got our game on with some Chicken Foot. Devin had never played it with dominoes and we had so much fun. Gramita didn’t care too much for it at first, but I think that is just because she wasn’t winning. Lol. I kid, I kid. When the kids woke up, we went back outside to play and just hang out. Devin and I then went to get ready for a very special night. Big Tio and Tia Net gave us a date night! I can’t remember the last time we had one. They treated us to a night of free babysitting and dinner at Cowboy Steakhouse. Free childcare and dinner? Devin and I were now in heaven! Lol. I was a little hesitant leaving the kids with them, but I should have known better. My sweet boy only asked twice where we were and when she told him we were on a date he just said oh and would continue playing. Could have cared less we were gone. We came home to a sound asleep Pippa in bed and a monkey getting a bath! He told us all about his evening and then got ready for bed. Precious babies.

 Okay, back to the date night. We went to Cowboy Steakhouse. It had a cute, typical steakhouse feel with shadow box style tables filled with antique things. We ordered for an appetizer seafood stuffed jalapenos. Imagine a crab cake in a jalapeno. Yes, they were as great as they sound. I ordered a Miller Lite and Devin had some Shiner Bocks. I ordered a sirloin and shrimp combo with a baked potato and Devin got a steak and lobster combo with fries. The lobster tail was huge! Both of our steaks were amazing. The best by far we have ever had. Ever. It melted in your mouth. We were like two little kids just giggling and sharing food. We ate everything on our plates. We THEN ordered colossal cheesecake with strawberry drizzled over it. Wow. I wanted to lick the plate. Is that bad? J

It was so much fun and so nice to be treated to a wonderful evening. That’s Big Tio and Tia Net for you though! They are always so giving. Devin and I still talk about that meal and will text each other, man I want one of those steaks again lol.













No comments:

Post a Comment