Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Weekend Update

This weekend was a busy one for us! Friday night, we went and did some shopping to get some décor for Pippa’s room. Yes, it has been 8 months already and most of her walls were still bare. I could not decide what I wanted to do in there until recently. Thank you Pinterest! I love you. We also picked up Phil and he came with us and Tia and Adrian met us at Hobby Lobby. We then went to dinner together and then went home to finish our projects. Devin and Aikman surprised me Friday when I got home with a small bench he made for her room to put a big bear and some dolls and other animals on. I was in love! He then painted it to match her other furniture. It is the perfect touch to the corner and even better he made it with his own hands from nothing. Yes, my husband is amazing like that.

Saturday we got dressed and went and finished our shopping. I had some frames to get and wanted to go to Kid’s Village and Target. We also had to shop for Tio’s birthday! I was really excited too about getting Monks a new bed. His crib was converted into a little toddler bed but I would like to get him a new one that doesn’t look so baby. We are thinking bunk beds. I figured they would be perfect for when Adrian comes over to spend the night or when Aikman and Pippa want to have a little sleepover together! We didn’t have too much luck. We found some that were cute but they only came in that light oaky color and his other furniture is black. I never knew it would be so hard to find simple bunk beds. We got home around 3 and put the kids down for a nap. Devin bought Aikman this little cheap water gun from Target and that is his new favorite thing. He loves to play with it and knows he can only use it outside so that is where he wants to be. He was so sweet with it.

Sunday I took the kids to the park and we played for about an hour or so. Aikman had to take his water gun once again and play. Pippa even played in the sand. She loves it! It makes me laugh because when Aikman was her age, he hated being outside. He would cry when you set him in the grass. He hated being dirty or having any type of branch, leaves or flowers touch him. Luckily, he outgrew it. It just made me laugh seeing her, with her giant hair bow and painted toes just kicking the sand and lifting it up. She can’t get enough of playing in it! We then went home and ate lunch and then took naps and in the afternoon we headed to Sam’s. It was mid 80’s and felt so hot so we decided to play outside and Devin set up the sprinkler for Aikman to run through. He had so much fun with that. It was so cute to see him and Apollo run through it. Devin even got in on the action. We then ate dinner and got ready for the week to start all over!


Monks and I eating lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings



About to help daddy with bench....

Ta-da! Of course these were Aikman's lions to test it out
 


Hiding from paparazzi. Lol. This girl loves the camera and got mad when we took her shades away.
 
At park
 


I got an action shot! Devin through the sprinkler....
 
Monks turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment