Thursday, May 31, 2012

Memorial Day

I was off Memorial Day and Devin is off on Mondays so I was so excited the four of us had time to be together after a busy weekend. We went out to see Grandpa again since Devin wasn’t able to go on Saturday. The cemetery looks so beautiful with so many flags flying on holidays. It makes me so proud of my dad every time I go out there. We then went to Target as we had to get the sheets for Aikman’s other bunk. When we went to buy them originally, they only had one set in a twin, so we just bought for the bottom bunk and needed them for the top. We also bought him two shelves to finish his room décor. We then went home to eat lunch and Pete and Phil met us there. We all ate and hung out and then everyone was so tired we all fell asleep while Monks watched some show. Pete and Phil left around 3 and we then laid Aikman down for his nap and Pips was still asleep. Devin and I fell back asleep ha ha. We woke about 5 to Pippa talking and got her up. Aikman was still asleep so Devin went and set up his pool we bought him at Academy. It was so sweet when he woke up and looked out the kitchen window. He turned to us and said my swimming pool!! We then lathered the kids up with sunscreen and got them ready to go. Devin got in with the kids and I just put my feet in. It had been like high 90’s if not right at 100, but as soon as we went out to get in, it became cloudy and overcast. They swam for about 35 minutes. Aikman was all over the place and loved it. Pippa was on her bottom sitting in the pool but she is constantly trying to stand and pull herself up and after wiggling so much and going under twice, we decided to get her floatie. We put her in it but since her feet touched, she was trying to walk and lean over the edge and it was so hard to keep up with her. She was hilarious. We got the kids out just in time. About twenty minutes later a storm hit out of nowhere and the wind was insanely strong. Our chairs were blowing all around the yard and Aikman was yelling for us to bring in Apollo. We had laid the pool over our patio table to dry and put clay pots filled with sand on top of it and the pots blew off. I ran out to get the floatie before it took off and Aikman was at the door yelling be careful momma, be careful. I thought aww, he is so concerned about me. I then brought it in and set it in the dining room and said I need to get your pool, it is about to blow away and he looked so upset and said well hurry momma! Get my pool, hurry up, go outside and get it! Wow, thanks for your concern about me lol as dirt is blowing in my face and I am struggling to get the pool. It was hilarious. I brought the pool in and shut the door and he said whoa, that was a close one. Ha! Stinker. Devin had gone to pick up some wings we ordered. Wow, the Anderson’s love wings ha ha. Second time in three days. Anyway, I called Devin and he said he was about to be home and it was crazy outside. I told him about me having to bring that stuff in and he just laughed. It poured that night and several people lost power. Our flickered but never went out. We put Pippa to bed and watched Night at the Museum and went to bed. Happy Memorial Day!


How sweet are they here? Everyone at work loves this pic.
 
At Target. Lol. Goofy smile.
 


Preciousness!
 


Look at Pippa's legs lol trying to walk and move





No comments:

Post a Comment