Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Weekend Update

Friday we just hung out at home. We didn’t do anything too exciting until……Pippa said Momma for the first real time! She would make the mmm sound and when we would tell her ma-ma, she would smile and go dada. When I would say no! and shake my head she would just laugh and laugh. It became a joke in our house for nearly a week. She was being a little toot on purpose! I finally had my moment! She said it and I said yes, say mama and she said it again and smiled. I am not sure who was happier, Aikman or me! He would always try to get her to say it with me. She says it often now and with a smile. She still likes to tease me with a dada every now and then but will follow with a smile and ma-ma. It is like she is saying just kidding mom! I know who you are. J I love it! She also scooted over to the ottoman and tried to pull herself up! She made it to her knees but could not get her chubby little foot out to stand on. She had it to the side and was just kind of rolling her ankle and using those precious arms to pull as hard as she could but nothing past the knee. Hey, it’s a great start! It was one of the sweetest things I have ever seen in my life!

Eating a bean burrito and mandarin oranges

Saturday was a great day. I spent the morning taking the kids to the zoo! It was just the three of us and I had the best time alone with my kids! Aikman and I talked so much and made animal sounds and just had an overall great time and it was so cute to see Pips in her stroller taking all the sights and sounds. She is getting old enough to really enjoy the animals and I wish I could be in her mind as she tries to figure out what they are! The monkeys made her squeal and wiggle in her stroller and she laughed so hard at them. They were just swinging from tree to tree and walking right by the glass window. She was barely a foot from them and loved it! The zoo was packed though. Apparently it was military appreciation day and all military got in free and had free food served to them. There were pizzas, hot dogs, chips, drinks and desserts. They even had two bands out there for them!  I swear there were over a thousand people there. Luckily, they were mostly hanging out on the grassy areas and at the picnic areas eating. It was neat to see everything though. We still had a great time and to watch Aikman imitate the animals is hilarious. He copied the crocodile, the turtles, the lion, the tiger, the monkeys and the snakes.  You can walk through this bird habitat boardwalk thing and it is humid in there and smells like, well birds and ducks, and as soon as we entered it Aikman yelled, eww, they smell like poop momma! I said they do! Lol. Aikman, unlike his dad, seems to really like the snakes and so we watched them for a long time. We also saw some super gross ginormous spiders and Monks said eww, look Momma, they dirty! I wish I had a picture of his face when I showed him the centipede. I was describing it to him and he was like oh yeah, that’s gross and then I said all those orange things are his legs! And when it all set in and he realized how nasty looking this guy was, he said in a quiet yet very serious voice “I not like him momma. At all.” I laughed and said me neither! I did have to stop and text Big Tio and Tia Net because we saw a raccoon and I told Aikman what it was and he said “Big Tio caught raccoon and a lady at Big Tio’s caught him. Remember Momma?” He remembered Big Tio was the Critter Getter and that he caught a raccoon in a trap one time when we were visiting and a lady from Animal Control came to get him out of the cage. We were at the zoo nearly two hours! We ended our super fun trip with a stop in the gift shop. As soon as we walked in, Aikman ran to this one shelf in the middle of the store. I am not sure how he even saw it. He grabbed this zebra striped truck and it had a trailer and was towing a little ATV. He said I want this momma. I explained to him that we should look in the whole store before we just settle and he told me okay, but I pretty sure I want this one. Lol. We found Pips a small soft hot pink flamingo and I showed Aikman so many things and he would say that nice but I want this truck. He was 100% sure he wanted the truck so that is what he got. He even thanked me as we paid for the stuff for his toy. We then left the zoo and stopped at McDonald’s to grab some lunch. We got home and ate and then the kids went down for a nap!
 
 


He was imitating these weird birds
 
Saying "cheese"
 
Watching turtles and the big fish!
 Sunday was spent painting Aikman’s room. I will post pics once everything is hung on his walls. His room is so big boy now and is too too cute! He loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment