Thursday, May 17, 2012

Weekend Update


Friday we went to dinner with Tio, Tia and Adrian at Lytle Land and Cattle. It was crazy packed as all the Western Heritage stuff was going on, but we only had to wait 30 minutes. Adrian and Pips sat at the end in highchairs and loved playing with the paper on the table. They have that brown butcher paper for you to color on and all you heard was wrinkling paper from their end. They eventually just ripped it off. The food was really good and we always have fun together so it was a great night.

Do you love Pippa's shoes? I am so excited about them! She takes off every pair but these she couldn't! I think it is because there is a strap in the back and it is snug. Bwah ha ha ha ha (hear my evil laugh?) No taking these off precious Pips!



















Saturday was a fun day! Tio and Devin worked the night shift so spent much of Saturday sleeping so Tia and Adrian came over around 10 and we spent the day shopping and eating! We went to a few stores downtown. Gigi and I used to always shop downtown and I could have sworn Jenny had been with us, but she said she never had! What a tragedy! We found Pips two ADORABLE outfits and Monks found a toy car. Lol. I also got some earrings and Tia bought Pips her first set of pearls! Omg, they are the sweetest thing I have ever seen! Gigi loved pearls and then when we met Jenny, we found out she loved them too (I hate them lol) and so who better to give her her first set? I could have cried seeing her in them! She was a doll! We then went to eat lunch at Jason’s Deli. I let Pippa try their broccoli cheese soup and she loved it!!  She also ate some fruit and her baby food. We then went to a few more stores in the newer shopping mall and then called it a day around 2. Everyone was ready for naps.

Cute story! I used Jenny’s double stroller for Monks and Pippa and she had Adrian asleep in his stroller. In one of the stores, the sales clerks were smiling at Pippa and then Aikman was showing them his cars and being so sweet. They then began hiding behind racks and playing peek a boo with the kids and I wish I would have recorded it. There were about four girls going behind racks and popping out and I wish you could have heard the kids laughing! It was so so cute and they loved it!  They did this forever! Pippa and Aikman were hysterical and would look around and then one would come and say boo or make a noise and the kids would just laugh and laugh. Pippa was even squealing she was having so much fun. The kids and the sales girls were sad when we had to leave.

Sunday was a nice day too. I told Devin I didn’t want to celebrate or do anything. We did take our flowers out to Gigi and I missed her so much this time. I miss her everyday but this time was bad. I can’t tell you how upsetting it is to have everything and everyone around you saying honor your mom, celebrate her, do something for her blah blah blah and we can’t. Anyway, we still had a nice day. We had breakfast at a new place on S. 1st and it was really good! It was Mexican food and Monks got a plate with eggs, super crispy bacon (I thought of Big Tio), potatoes and beans. Pips loved his potatoes. She also ate some of his eggs too. Devin and I got burritos and they were perfect. Their hot sauce was hot too! Okay, to me it was. Devin and Monks ate it. We then went to look at some treadmills! I finally convinced Devin to let us get one. I got new tennis shoes (my old ones were a 6.5 and since I had Pips, I have to buy 8.5 to 9. Wow, right?) and some small weights. We did some shopping and found some good sales at Old Navy. I also got some nail polish and éclairs and chocolate covered strawberries. We came home and took naps and then Devin and Monks went to the store to get some chips and dips and stuff to make bacon wrapped jalapenos. We ordered burgers from Steak Express. It doesn’t get much better than that! Devin bathed the kids and put them to bed and I just laid on the couch. My husband and babies always make me feel special so I know I am loved and appreciated all year long.


I was talking to her to get her to look at Devin and that is when he took the pic so that is why my mouth is wide open.



We saw these at Old Navy and had to put them on her. They were huge but we couldn't resist. They look more like Forrest Gump braces than boots but oh well. I am so going to get her some red boots just like I had. Every little girl needs a pair.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment