Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Weekend Update

This weekend started off great! Friday night I got to keep Sweet Man AKA Adrian overnight! Tio and Tia were celebrating their anniversary so he stayed with us. I took him home with me when I picked up the kids at 5 from Tia. Phil came over too and we ordered pizza and wings and all hung out. Sadly Adrian didn’t take part in any of that, but he seemed satisfied with his tub of carrots. J I gave him a bath with Pippa and he just splashed and had fun. I put him to bed at 9 and he slept all night! He didn’t wake until 7:08 the next morning. Sweet man. I was so paranoid though because Jenny told me he would probably wake up, as he has been in the middle of the night. Not paranoid, I would have to get up, hello, I have two babies, but paranoid I never heard him and so I constantly checked on him and was waking up nearly every thirty minutes. So weird! Lol. Each time I peeked in on him, he was just sound asleep looking all precious and perfect. I put Adrian in a play pen in Monks room and Monks slept in my bed with me since Devin was working that night. We all woke up to happy babies and had breakfast.


I got all the kids dressed and ready for the day and about 10 put Pippa and Adrian down for their morning nap. Tio and Tia came over about 11. Pete and Phil came shortly after and we all headed to the cemetery to take Grandpa flowers for Memorial Day. After, we all ate lunch at Sharky’s and then headed our separate ways. Mid afternoon Tia, Adrian and I went to HEB to get the stuff for Sunday’s events. My babies were sleeping so Devin stayed home with them. I came home from the store and we just hung out until Devin had to leave for work.


Sunday was spent cleaning up and hanging our red white and blue decorations! We grilled that afternoon and Tio, Tia and Adrian came over, along with our friend Jennifer (who Tio and I work with) and her teenage daughter Kierstyn. Devin grilled hamburgers and sausage and we had all the trimmings. I made potato salad, beans and bacon wrapped jalapenos. Tia made ceviche (crab meat, avocado, black beans, cilantro, lime juice and cucumbers) and dessert. It was this super yummy and light angel food cake with pineapple in it. It was delicious. I also tried two new recipes! I made shrimp tossed with a packet of dry Italian dressing and baked over a bed of melted butter and lemon slices. Um, hello! Amazing. I also made a punch type drink that I didn’t care for but Jennifer and Tia seemed to think it was decent. It tasted watery for some reason and I never even added ice. You mix a bottle of white wine with three cans of Fresca and add fresh fruit. I put sliced peaches, strawberries and grapes. Just eh. Might have been the wine I used. Aikman just adores Kierstyn and played with her forever. He said she was his new friend. J Precious. After dinner, we played games and they stayed until 11:40! It was such a great time and we all laughed a lot. Poor Pete and Phil had to work that night but they came over Monday to eat and hang out.

No comments:

Post a Comment