Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Monkey Stories


I am so behind on this story! I have to brag on my little guy for standing up for his sister a few weeks back! Mrs. Morgan took them to Chick-fil-A to have lunch and play. While Pippa was playing by one of the slides, some older kid pushed her. Aikman didn’t like seeing that at all and told that kid not to push his sister. The kid ended up pushing her again and Aikman got in his face and told him “I HATE you!!” The little boy began to cry. I laughed inside when Devin told me that. Mrs. Morgan said she told Aikman that if someone is being ugly to come and tell her and she will take care of it. I agree with her- - -for their age now. We also explained to Aikman that we shouldn’t say ugly things to people but that we were very proud of him for standing up for Pippa and not letting anyone be mean to her. Devin and I had talked before and agree that yes, we will be those parents that teach our kids that if someone hits them, they can hit them back.  It is a little hard at this age to explain to Monks when is an okay time to do that so for now we work it out with talking. I can’t tell you how proud I was of him and how my heart was dancing on the inside as we calmly told him how to handle it next time. Sweet boy. Don’t mess with his sister! I will be sure and tell my Pips this story when she is older.

Mrs. Morgan got sick today so I came in an hour late once Devin got home. I had the honor of taking my precious boy to school today. We went and put his stuff in his cubby and I began reading a sign on the wall. They had all the kid’s names listed with things they love. The kids had things like “my mom, family, toys, etc” and I see next to Aikman’s name, it says “Crocodiles and the Hulk” Lol. Well, who doesn’t love both of those things but it made me laugh standing there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment