Friday, February 1, 2013

The First Day

So today was the day. He woke up around 6:45 as I was getting out of the shower. I had him lay in my bed as I got ready for work. At 7:20 we went in the kitchen and he said he wanted cereal and a smoothie. He didn’t eat all his cereal but did finish his smoothie. He then brushed his teeth and got dressed and we fixed his hair. I got Pippa up about 7:55 and got her ready and got her some juice in a cup. We left around 8:10 to head towards school. As we pulled up, Ms. Morgan was already there and Daddy pulled in right next to us. We got his stuff out and Morgan got him out. We all walked inside to wait. Other kids began to show up and the director came up and was asking if we were all ready and Aikman was smiling and just as excited as could be. I took Morgan with me in the office so they could get her address and take her picture for the pickup list. It was then time to head on back! We walked all the way down the hall, stopping by the bathrooms. Each child has to go potty and wash their hands before going to class. We then took Aikman down the hall and there it was! His little cubby with a, get this, monkey above it with his name on it! We set all his stuff down and then waited. No one was in the class and I knew they had music first but I wasn’t sure where at. Morgan asked a lady walking by and she told us where the music room was. We then walked there and met his teacher at the door. She said “Hey Aikman!” and he immediately smiled but hid by Devin’s leg. We walked into the room where his classmates were already singing and dancing. He kept trying to grab Pippa’s hand and take her with him and I told him she couldn’t go, that it was just him and his friends. His teacher took him by the hand and went over to introduce him to a little boy. As she did, Aikman turned to him and hugged him! The teachers all aww’d at it and one lady by the door asked if they knew each other. We told her no and in my head I just thought “my boy is just super sweet and excited to make friends.” He then ran back to us and I knew we had to just leave. I used to work in daycare and I hated when parents would linger at the door or talk non-stop if their child seemed hesitant or scared to stay. Every child is fine after the parent leaves. It took all I had and I leaned down, kissed his head and said “have fun and remember your manners today, I love you” and we turned to leave. I didn’t look back. We made it down the hall and I paused to take a breath. My baby was at school. I then took Pippa by the hand and the four of us walked out. Morgan then buckled Pippa in her car seat and drove off. I talked to Devin for a few minutes but he was late getting off work so was about to head to the gym. I got in my car and as I sat there I got teary eyed as I looked at the picture Morgan had taken of us. In those few minutes, several things ran through my head. Was this the best thing for him? Would he be the kid everyone liked? Would he behave? What will it be like when Pippa goes? Did I forget anything? Did I forget to ask the teachers something? How come my parents can’t be here to experience this? Did I take enough pictures? I took a moment and then collected myself. My boy is such a sweet boy and has been raised well so I knew he would be okay. I drove off and headed to get our tickets for the Monster Truck Rally Saturday night. I got to work about 9:30 and my morning flew by. I kept watching the clock to make sure I left in time to pick him up. I could not believe it when my alarm went off at 11:45 to go get him. Phil had texted me that him and Pete wanted to go with me to pick them up. They met me there and we walked in together. I wanted them to see everything and I told them all about his morning. We got to his class and he was sitting on the floor with a book. His teacher saw us first and then he looked up. He smiled and yelled “momma!” and ran to me. I picked him up and hugged and kissed him and asked how the day was. He told me it was lots of fun. His teacher walked over and told me he did so well. She said “he had an awesome day and is soooo well behaved.” Patting myself on the back. It is so nice to hear that. I remember having those crazy kids in class and don’t get me wrong, I loved them but I loved when they got picked up too. I always wondered if that would be my kids ha ha. Turns out this won’t be the case with Aikman. She was very impressed with him and said she looked forward to Monday! She also told me that Friday is casual day and they don’t have to wear their uniform. We got his stuff and left. He was excited to see the boys too. He just kept saying he had fun and had new friends. We talked some outside and then I loaded him up to take him home. He kept asking me about Pippa and where she was. Guess he missed her. He said music was fun and his friends were nice and he liked his teachers. He told me he painted today and liked his lunch. He ate everything but one piece of bread and some of his fruit. I told him he could finish it at snack time at home. I took him home and dropped him off and talked to Morgan for a little while and came back. His first day was a success and I am so proud of him. And myself. Lol. New milestones and memories will be reached and made. I look forward to the rest of the year!

Breakfast! He was mid sentence when I took the pic, he wasn't in pain lol
I die when I see this. When did he grow so big?

Goodness! 

I love his face here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment