Monday, February 4, 2013

Saturday's Excitement!


Saturday we woke up and I fed the kids breakfast and then it was off to the gym! We picked up Tia and Adrian and headed to the Y. After a nice workout, we grabbed the kids Chick-Fil-A and headed to Festival Gardens for a nice picnic and playtime. The kids had so much fun playing and this was Adrian’s first time there. He loved the slides and just being able to run free. I then took them home and we headed home for naps. We had the Monster Truck Show that evening and so I wanted Aikman to get a good nap, being that we would be out until nearly 10. He FINALLY fell asleep around 4:30 and only napped about 45 minutes and then we had to get him up to get him ready. We took Pippa to Tio and Tia’s and then asked Aikman what he wanted to eat. He chose Bueno. I guess since he had Pete’s famous pizza the night before, he needed some of Phil’s burritos and queso. It was nice being with just him and giving him all our attention. This was his night and he was so happy! We then headed to the Expo Center. It was pretty crowded but we got there before the big rush came. We walked up and found our seats and began the wait. We had an hour until the show started but it seriously flew by. Devin took him to the bathroom before it started and then it was time. The lights went out and there was a spotlight and they introduced each truck at a time. There were six total. It was pretty loud but not unbearable for Devin and me. One of my Sergeants gave me some ear protection for Monks and they were nice ones. They were brand new and used for when they qualify at the range so they blocked out so much. I tested them out and he was good to go. After about 15 minutes in, Devin and I were like okay, how much longer? Lol. Aikman’s face was well worth it! He would stand up and clap and yell and give them thumbs up! When something big happened, he would turn with his eyes wide and his mouth open and yell “that was amazing!” Precious thing. We did have a great time and it went by pretty fast. We only had to take one bathroom break and Devin got him some popcorn and a Sprite at halftime as I called it. Devin also bought him this flag that had a handle that lit up and flashed lime green lights. He was so proud of that flag. He thanked us both for the night and said he had so much fun! I got so nervous on some of the jumps when it would look like the truck was going to flip over and I would grab Aikman and think should I cover his eyes? I don’t know why it made me so jumpy. He couldn’t get enough of it though. The Bigfoot truck hit one of the walls and broke its back wheel so he was done for the night. We picked up Pippa right around 9:50 and then Devin had to get ready for work. He wasn’t able to take the whole night off, he just went in late. We really enjoyed seeing his face light up. We were the coolest parents ever in his eyes for taking him so that made it worth it for me! 

At Bueno!



Sweet things!
Precious!

About to start!



See his thumbs up all the way to the right of the pic?
Halftime!

Devin made this little collage of pics. 
This was our Pippa Lou's having dinner with her cousin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment