Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Valentine's Day Celebration


Friday night we celebrated Valentine’s Day. Tio and Tia kept the kids overnight for us. We dropped them off and then went to try a new restaurant. New to us, not Abilene. It is called Cattle Baron’s and Mike and Jenny had tried it their last date night and really enjoyed it so we decided to go. We both ordered steaks although their burgers look awesome. They had great beans and Devin had their grilled corn and I got a salad. He had a beer and I had a glass of wine. Look at me trying to be all fancy. Lol. We had lots of fun there and then it was home to freshen up and then off to Cabo’s. Yes, it was our Valentine’s celebration, but it also was an adult night for us, so we decided to play some pool and hang out with friends for a little while. Devin knew of two of his coworkers that were going up there and I told a girl from work and her boyfriend to go for a little while. We played some pool and I actually won a game against Devin! They made fun of my “skills” ha ha but if you make the ball in, that’s all that matters right? Right. We enjoyed ourselves and as we were heading out, Pete and Phil showed up with their friends and so we talked to them some and then we were off! We went home and hung out and then decided a little while later we were hungry so we both left together at 12:30 to get something to eat. Can’t normally do that with babies sleeping in the other room! I had Whataburger and he had Bueno lol We went home and ate and were asleep by 2. We had a great night and debated going to play Putt Putt but it was so cool out and we hated to waste the time in a theatre watching a movie. I had so much fun with him and it was nice to get out, adults only and have no curfew. Ha ha. We both did miss the kids though and were still up at 7:30 the next morning. Funny how some things never change. We laid in bed talking for a little while and then decided to go pick up the kids. We stopped by to get doughnuts and kolaches and then headed to see our babes. Thanks again Tio and Tia for a much needed night out just the two of us. I sure do enjoy my time with my hubby and all the laughs! Here’s to many more Valentine’s Days together. 

My plate
Appetizer
Devin's plate
We are cute! 


This pic was for our Monks. Mouth open, tongue kind of out, head tilted. 



No comments:

Post a Comment