Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Super Bowl Sunday!


Sunday we went to A.M. doughnuts and had breakfast. The kids had a doughnut with sprinkles, a blueberry cake one and a sausage kolache. Pippa loved the sprinkled one! It had raspberry icing and was so soft. They shared some juice. We then headed to HEB for our Superbowl party items. After loading up there, we went by Wal-Mart to get some plates and napkins I had seen earlier that week. They were Ravens ones and I had to have them. Mrs. Morgan also needed some cotton balls and red glitter for a project so we picked those up as well. It was then to Drug Emporium so Devin could get more protein they had been out of and then home for lunch and naps. We were going to Jennifer and Kirk’s around 3:30 and so I wanted them to nap as much as they could. Devin had worked the night before too so he went to lay down as well. I made a seven layer dip with my boy Ray Lewis’s number on it, an éclair dessert and jalapeno poppers. Devin also bought some sausage to grill there since Kirk was making us steaks. Aikman had school the next day so I got all his stuff ready and did some laundry. I also cleaned the kitchen since I knew I wouldn’t want to that evening. Neither of the kids slept so I got Aikman ready and let him watch the Puppy Bowl (thanks Tia Nett!) and then I got Pips ready and had the kids get some toys together to take. Monks took two bags full of cars and Pippa took her stroller. We stopped along the way so Devin could get some beer. We arrived and the kids began to play. We only waited about 15 minutes and then it was time to eat. They served huge steaks, potato casserole and salad plus our sausage and poppers. It was all amazing! Pippa was scared of Kirk at first but she came around as the night went on. Aikman loved him right away and hung out with him the whole time. I was so nervous with no naps, but both kids did awesome! Only one time out the whole time! We all pretty much were cheering for the Ravens and by 2nd quarter, we were ready to snack. We got out my dip and they had made queso, a cheese and meat and crackers platter, chips, bean dip and our dessert. Aikman was so funny because he had to share with Kirk the whole time. Kirk was so sweet and could care less his little double dipping buddy shared with him! Jennifer also has a 14 year old daughter named Kierstyn and the kids adore her. She entertained them a lot in the living room and wrestled with Aikman some. She also let Pippa play with her giant teddy bear. Pips was in heaven! At halftime, since I don’t care for Beyonce, we went in the backyard to blow bubbles and let the kids run some. That power outage made everything drag and we ended up having to leave around 8:30, as the game started getting good. They texted us updates and then when we got home, I got the kids ready for bed. They were out by 9 which was later than I wanted, but was still okay. Glad I got everything ready before we left! It was such a fun time and we were so thankful to them for their hospitality. They invited everyone, but Pete and Phil had to work and Tio and Tia had church and by the time they got out, Tia said Adrian needed to go to bed. Maybe next year! 

At breakfast


I saw these at Drug Emporium. How awesome is that?!?!
We bought these giant gummi bears for the kids. Look how ginormous they are!
Pippa with Kierstyn

Kirk helping Aikman get comfy in the recliner

Ray Lewis 7 Layer Dip
My Eclair dessert. Layered graham crackers with a pudding/cool whip mixture and then top layer frosted with chocolate icing. It was amazing! Everyone loved it! 



2 comments:

  1. I want to try that eclair dessert! Can you make it again just because?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! That can be your Valentine's gift! ;)Devin even loved it and he doesn't like eclairs. My Monks tore it up!

    ReplyDelete