Thursday, April 25, 2013

Moving Day!


Moving day was bittersweet. I so love my Jefferson house. It was our first house we bought in 2002 and we have eleven years worth of memories in. It is where both our children began their lives and experienced several of their “firsts”. Where we brought Apollo home. Where my mom, Devin and I put about 5 coats of red paint in the living room the day we bought it. Where my dad worked in the yard countless times when he was down. Where we celebrated several holidays. Where we spent forever putting up the giant swimming pool and swam every summer. Where I told my family I was pregnant. Where my nephew played often and spent the night. Where many huge dinners were made and our family got together. Where memorable parties and showers were thrown. Where Jenny dropped her phone in the toilet when she had had too much to drink. (had to throw that in there) Obviously I could go on forever; that was our home. Many laughs, hugs and tears were shared there and I will miss it. I cried as Devin and I went to lock it up. I don’t doubt that what we are doing is for the best, I just was sad. Not to sound so sappy and negative, I am thrilled we will be living in my parent’s home, where just as many memories were already made and the traditions will just continue. I am so thankful for that. Back to moving!

We started early in the morning and the boys helped us. Pete had class that morning and so it was just mainly Phil and Devin at first. They loaded the truck and had one load completely finished when Pete showed up. We were done in about 4 hours total and then as they cleaned out the shed in the backyard, I worked on the pantry and fridge. It looks crazy in there. The painters came that afternoon to start on the interior and they will finish today. I have a cleaning service coming out this afternoon or tomorrow morning, just whenever the painting is done. Friday afternoon, someone will come and clean the carpets. Yep, we have the tools to do it all but with what we still have to unpack, Devin and I said we would pay someone to do it lol I just don’t have it in me at this point. I will post pics of the after when it is all done.

The house was of course painted a dark grey with white trim and I thought a blue door would be really pretty. When it was all done, Devin, the painter and our realtor all said it was ugly and didn’t go. Way to crush my dreams there guys. They all suggested a red door so it will be repainted. I also realized as I looked at it with the blue door (which was awesome lol) that is was a straight Dallas Cowboys house. Too cute!

We will put the beds all together tonight and start getting it all organized. I told Devin we are giving ourselves two weeks to have it all done. We can do it! Pics will come soon, promise! The kids love the new house and I am so pleased. We are all so happy! 

Pippa's blinds from her room. She would reach behind the curtain from her crib and chew on them. Is she a toddler or a wild animal? Wow. 
Our room with bed apart!
Pippa's....
Monks'!
I know this looks full, but it is just all our curtains  hanging over the treadmill. The dining room was basically empty, we had already taken all the stuff from there over the weekend and last week.  
Upside down bed becomes a fun fort for the kids!
Pippa's last night in her room!
Monks' last night!
This was in the morning, she ran to our room and crawled onto our mattress. 
Almost the one load! 
Monks taking the truck back with Daddy! He was waving and so excited! 
Our first real meal in the new house!
Devin grilled steaks, chicken, sausage and corn to thank the boys for all their help. We could not have done it without them! Pete made the jalapeno poppers. 
Dessert! Ice cream cones. Both kids just had to sit in Phil's lap when he sat on the ground. They adore their uncles so much! And I am pretty sure their uncles adore them just as much....




No comments:

Post a Comment