Monday, April 15, 2013

Weekend Update


Man oh man, where to start. I know I have talked about moving and packing and I haven’t gone in to detail but out of my like 8 readers, 6 are family so they know what is going on ha ha. Here is for the other two out there. Mike got a job in McKinney with the Police Department. Great news, right? New jobs, yay! Eh. My excitement was short lived when reality set in that he would be moving along with my sister in law and sweet nephew. I miss them already! They were busy packing and were planning on renting out the house they lived in, which is my mom and dad’s house and it is paid for. I didn’t think I could live in it but knew I couldn’t let it go to some stranger. No, I didn’t “grow” up really in that house but Pete and Phil pretty much did and that is where Aikman had many memories made and so I went back and forth. So much happened in that house that I couldn't let go. I finally decided one night in bed around midnight, I had to have the house! I told Devin and he asked me to be sure and I said yes. I began packing up our stuff and we will move in completely next week! They left Thursday at 6:00 and after a short consultation with a painter at our old house, we went back to the new house to start some cleaning! We did a few rooms and then went home to get Monks ready for school the next day. I took off Friday and we started the day by dropping off Aikman at school and then taking our sweet second born to breakfast, just the three of us. We went to a new place called The Flippin’ Egg. Man, it was awesome! I had cinnamon roll pancakes and eggs with some bacon and it was heavenly! We then went to get some utilities taken care of and then it was to the house! We cleaned some more and organized some stuff in the closets and then it was time to get Monks! We had lunch and then as Pippa napped, we cleaned the garage out. It looks awesome! We worked until 10:15 that night and then headed home to get some rest. The kids needed baths and were in bed by 10:35. I know, bad parents. We woke up Saturday and had breakfast at La Popular on Pine Street. The kids loved all the pan dulce they had and we ate sweets, beans and cheese, carne guisada and barbacoa. Breakfast of champions! It was then to Lowe’s. I wanted to repaint all of our rooms before we moved stuff in so we had leftover yellow from the first time we did Pips’ nursery and we chose a color called Rogue Blue for Aikman’s and went with the dark grey for ours, like it had been. Jennifer also came over and cleaned the kitchen, including touching up cabinets and deep cleaning appliances. Hello, huge help! We stopped for lunch and then began painting. She helped me with Pippa’s room and by then, it was 6 and she went home. Devin and I started Aikman’s room and by 9:30 said we were done for the day. The kids were restless of course and we had even taken a small TV and the DVD player over that day but that didn’t last long. We joked we felt like we got onto our kids more in the last two days than we had all year. Poor things. They did help when they could, but painting walls is not the best task for toddlers. They kept getting shooed in the hallway. Saturday night, I told Devin we had worked our butts off and the kids deserved some fun time. We decided Sunday would be no work and all play! We started the day with breakfast at McDonald’s and let the kids play some and then it was off to the zoo! It was beautiful out and we had so much fun. We then ended the day with time at the arcade in Prime Time. Even Pips played some games! The kids had a blast and napped for hours that afternoon. I packed some kitchen stuff while they slept. We made chicken spaghetti for dinner (home cooked meals are hard to do when moving!) and it was nice to sit down and relax with each other. We will do a little bit this week and finish painting and then start yard work this weekend! This month will be crazy busy and we are excited! Aikman just loves his new house! He was confused apparently because he didn’t understand at first that Manny and Tio and Tia wouldn’t live with us and then he got on this kick of being disappointed we weren’t moving to Kerrville! Not sure where he got that from. Poor guy! We explained it all to him and he gets it now and is excited to live in Gigi’s house as he says. He loves his new room and we even let him pick which one he wanted. Now you have the Weekend Update and the Anderson Family update in one! Exciting times! 

This was our breakfast and then how sweet is my monkey walking to the car after school? 






Our desserts at La Popular! Mmm, empanadas! 

Aikman was playing with some boxes. 









 This tunnel was cool, it was a tornado simulation in the wild. The kid's hair was just blowing and it was loud. This was before it started. Pips looks mad lol


Our favorite is the alligator! Man, I love him! 
 Here the kids were feeding the ducks and fish. Those fish all come to the surface and just wait for the food. Look at their mouths. They gross me out so bad. 




 Pips driving a car at the arcade! This was the only pic I took! 


No comments:

Post a Comment