Monday, April 29, 2013

Weekend Update


Saturday, we woke up and Jennifer came over. Her daughter Kierstyn was volunteering to serve and play “waitress” at the Kiwanis Club’s Pancake Day. Jennifer got us tickets, and kids were free so we went with her. We got there at 8:25 and it wasn’t very crowded at all. It was all you can eat pancakes with sausage links. It was really good too. We then went to drop Jennifer back off at our house to get her car and then we headed to Target. The kids needed some new sandals for summer and Pips only had one pair of shorts, the rest were capris. They had some buy one, get one half off on a few things, so we got some great deals. Plus, the kids were such big helpers with the whole moving process, I wanted to get them a little something. Pippa got her own box of Legos, girly ones at that, so we won’t get theirs mixed up. Monks picked out a big Incredible Hulk. He has taken that thing everywhere the whole weekend! We then went and got him a haircut at SportClips. He did so well getting his first haircut at a big boy place! We then went home for lunch and naps and then set up Pippa’s room. It looks awesome and I love it! She also had her crib made into a toddler bed so she is a big girl now! She has done so well with it. After the kids went to bed, Devin and I did part of the dining room and the kitchen table area. We just lack the two living areas and hanging stuff in the kitchen/dining area.

Sleeping Beauty
Grubbing on pancakes!
I am so glad he loves this guy. He told Phil when he grows up, he is going to be the Hulk. I am fine with that. :)
Legos!
Big boy haircut!
Look at that face! 
Sunday, we woke up and took the kids to McDonald’s to play. We ate and then went grocery shopping. I was going to make lunch and have the boys come over to eat. We got home from the grocery store and I immediately hit the bathroom. I had the worst upset stomach and nausea! It just hit like that! After about 35 minutes in the bathroom, I sat on the edge of the bed and felt so exhausted. I slept about 4 hours. I woke up, the kids were napping and Devin was kind of doing random things. I occasionally went to the bathroom but it was not constant and I wasn’t puking my guts out. I was happy. I felt so much better. So random right? Pete ended up having to work that evening, but Phil was off, so I told him to come over and I would cook. I made lasagna and we had salad and bread. For dessert, we had strawberry shortcake cups. The kids ate three servings of lasagna each! It was then time for baths! The kids played with Phil and then we put them to bed. Pete got off early and so he came by to eat too. They left about 10:15 and Devin and I got in bed.




This was Monks working on his Waffles scrapbook page. He did an awesome job!
Pips coloring
All About Me form...I love how he said he wished for snakes at the zoo to be safe lol  Daddy might disagree
His scrapbook page, turned out great! 
Lasagna!
Eating dessert!


Once again, we had a very productive weekend and had some play time in there as well. Slowly but surely we are getting settled into the new house and the old house goes on the market Wednesday! We had planned for today but apparently people are lazy and don’t want to work. Devin ended up doing the backyard himself since the three people who gave him quotes never bothered to get back with him. Don’t even get me started on the cleaning drama we have had. At least we are getting some of our money back. That has been hell. All that aside, we are so happy! Lol. 



No comments:

Post a Comment