Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Super Sweet Saturday


Saturday morning I took the kids to the park to play. It wasn’t cold, but the wind was really strong. We played on both parks, in the sand and even went on a treasure hunt as we walked the track. I asked monks what we should search for and he said, “um, treasure like gold momma!” Sadly, we found no gold, but we did find “flowers”. Okay, they were more like weeds, but the kids were very excited. We also found some blowies and that made their day. We then headed home for lunch and then naps! I was tired from the night before so I fell asleep too. Devin started the grill! 

He said he was laying in his treasure. Lol. It was a big hole we dug when we made a castle. 

Yes, Pips had stripes on stripes. She is holding her "flowers" 
She climbed this all by herself!

How much do you love this shirt? Tia bought it for Aikman when Pippa was about to be born and we had to pass it on, boy or girl. 
We went to a wedding that evening and Devin had to make the sausage they served and since he smoked it for a few hours, he started early. We took the kids to Tio and Tia’s and headed off to Bradshaw. It took about 20 minutes to get there. It really was very nice and although not all my taste personally, it was very country chic! I loved it! The bride looked beautiful of course. There is just something about a girl on her wedding day. The bride looked amazing and I loved her dress. Her flower girl was beyond adorable and I wish I had a pic. She wore a turquoise lacy romper with a brown belt, a pretty flower, cowboy boots and threw brown and turquoise feathers as she walked. Um, precious! She was so cute and I couldn’t get over her. She held up the wedding party because she had to pick up all the feathers. She couldn’t have them left there after she threw them. Devin was right next to her on the aisle and helped her gather them. The bride looked beautiful and I just cried and cried. I am a huge sucker for weddings. God help me if it is someone I actually know for more than 5 minutes! Lol. I apologize now to you Pete and Phil. We then hung out while they took pics and then it was time to eat! We had grilled chicken, sausage, brisket, potato salad, au gratin style potatoes, four different pots of beans, bread, cornbread, cheese cubes and a tray with onions, olives and pickles. The food was great! We left as they were serving cake, so we didn’t try it, but they had cake, a dump cake and strawberry shortcake for dessert. Oh man, I wanted some of each but we left. It was already 8:30. They were about to start dancing. I had a great time and nothing like going to a wedding with your spouse and remembering that feeling and seeing the excitement and nervousness of everyone. Sigh. Love weddings. Congrats Jason and Leah! 

They stood in front of these rustic doors. Love! 

I am so stealing their silverware/napkin pouches for Pippa's birthday! 
Mmmmm......
Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment