Thursday, April 25, 2013

Weekend Update


Saturday was crazy busy for us. When we went to bed at 10:00 that night, we were out. The kids never made a sound either. It all started with yard work. We worked at the Ivanhoe house first since the painter was finishing the Jefferson house. We not only cut the grass and edged and swept, but we picked up sticks, trimmed some bushes and tall weeds and pulled weeds out of the rock patio in front. It took hours. I then went inside and we put some stuff away and unpacked more boxes while the kids napped. We also had to make a few trips to Lowe’s to get some stuff in between all that. It was about 6:00 when we headed over to the Jefferson house to work in that yard. We cut the grass, edged and picked up sticks and some random things in the yard. It was 7:40 and we still had the backyard to finish. I told Devin I couldn’t do anymore. I was exhausted. We had been going since 8 that morning. It was then time to grab something to eat and time for baths. We stayed at the Jefferson house even though we didn’t have any beds or mattresses. I did bathe Pippa and Monks showered with Devin. We made pallets on their floors with blankets and they were out. Devin and I slept in the front room on the floor. I am not a floor sleeper and find it uncomfortable, but I was out. I wasn’t sure I could get up the next morning lol but I managed. My legs killed me and my arms were kind of sore.

Sunday, we ran some more errands and unpacked more of what we brought over. I worked on doing lots of laundry and making sure everything was ready for Monks for school the next day. Plus, I needed to pack some of the kitchen still and our room’s closet. We had promised Monks we would order pizza so we did. We ate and then it was bath time and we put the kids to bed. Devin had a bad stomachache all day and we weren’t sure if he had some virus or if it was from his medicine being changed over to new ones. Poor guy.

We just moved and worked in yards! I can’t say enough about how much the kids helped us also. They did more than I ever thought possible. They are the greatest little helpers and I appreciate them so much! VERY productive and tiring weekend ha ha 6:30 came very early Monday morning…..

Monks taking a shower at Lowe's-fake washing his hair. 
Taking a bath now!
My flowers I planted! Not bad huh?
Pips when she woke up from her nap!
Pips after her bath that night. 
Our pretty rose bush

Monks playing with his Spiderman and Iron Man!

No comments:

Post a Comment