Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I Heart Monks

I am going to have to post videos so you can see how Monks acts. He is so funny!! I have been around a lot of kids and he is so much different than any I have known. Maybe just because I adore him and he is all mine J
Yesterday when I got home, Devin had his game of Madden paused and was getting Monks up from his nap. I love when I get to go home and see his sweet face. Usually he is still napping for about 30 minutes and I have to wait to be with him. Devin changed him and we then went in the living room to play with him. He was crawling everywhere and looking out the door. He loves when you crawl or walk toward him slowly like you are going to get him. His laugh is the absolute best when you do that. So he was in the corner by the front door and I crawled toward him slowly and he tried scooting back as much as he could just squealing and laughing and when I got to him, I started to tickle him. He then gave me about twelve kisses all over my face and it was the sweetest thing ever! He then walked around me (I’m still on my hands and knees) and pulled my shirt up in back, slapped on my lower back, came back and gave me more kisses and then went around again and tapped my back, and repeated this like four times. No clue what he was doing but I got like seventy two kisses from it so it was all good.
During dinner, a commercial came on advertising an unplugged type concert with Toby Keith. As soon as his songs started playing, Monks stopped eating and started clapping and smiling. Hey Toby, you got a fan! It was so funny. I had to text Tio Bill who is a huge fan because I knew he would appreciate it. He did and said one day Monks would sing “Whiskey for my men, beer for Apollo” It made me literally laugh out loud hysterically when I read that. Good one Tio Bill, good one.  
Bath time was not so fun, Monks slipped and slid down back of tub. I think it scared him more than anything maybe, he was hysterical. He did not go under water though so maybe he just bumped his head sliding down. I hugged him for a while and tried to calm him down. He was precious naked and wet and pulling on my shirt trying to crawl out. My hair got all wet on the side he was on and I was about to get him out when he just stopped and smiled and let go of his death grip on me and continued playing. Um, okay. He was completely fine after that. We played for a little while longer and then started our bedtime routine. I think he has some teeth in the back coming in because he chews on his whole thumb and when we brushed his teeth he pushed that sucker way back and was chewing on it like it was his cud.
After Monks was out, Gigi and I went to Wal-Mart to get a few things while Devin watched MNF. Normally I would have wanted to watch the game, but I loathe the Saints and the 49ers are pretty weak too. (I did start watching from the start of the 4th quarter when I got home and it ended up being a great game, poor niners) My hair looked wild since it had been wet and air dried. I have the dumbest hair ever and when it gets wet or sweaty it gets curly so I went to the store with half straight, half wavy hair and these small curls that made me feel like a cape buffalo.

1 comment: