Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Monks Birthday Party

I wanted to have a big birthday party for Monks when he turned 1. I had several people tell me "1st birthdays are for the adults" and "kids won't remember it" and "it's a waste of money". I agree with some of those but my purpose of a big party was to show him off and celebrate how great he is to us and what a milestone 1 was! We tried for nearly 3.5 years for a baby and let me tell you that's a long time to be disappointed month after month. Add a misacarriage to that, and Aikman is the biggest blessing and answer to prayers you can imagine. I love that guy to death and can't even describe what he means to us. Anyway, I got off my topic. Sorry. We had his party at Sears Park's Recreation Center. It had exactly what we were looking for so when we went and saw it one day, I paid my deposit. We had a little over 80 people there and it was everything I had hoped for. The food was great, the desserts were wonderful, the games were fun, and I enjoyed being with the people we care about and sharing our wonderful boy. We planned it for months and it took lots of work, but in the end, it was all worth it. I can't thank everyone enough who helped. My family all did what was asked of them (even when it wasn't asked nicely, oops! is there such thing as Partyzilla??) I just wanted perfection and I got nothing less than that. We went with a Mod Monkey theme. You never would have guessed that right? I am posting a ton of pics beacuse my computer is super fast in uploading them to the blog. I was being sarcastic, it is ridiculously slow at it, so you only get a few. I can be lazy today.

 

1 comment: