Friday, September 24, 2010

Monks is Sick

So I have been missing the last two days because my baby got sick. He started running fever on Wednesday afternoon when he woke up from his nap, it was 100.0 and we thought it could be from his back teeth coming in so we gave him some Motrin and hoped for the best. He was not fussy at all or acting different, he seemed somewhat picky about his food, only wanted tomatoes or grapes, but had this fever. Thursday he woke up at 5 in the morning and was really warm. I gave him some Motrin and decided he would stay home from sitter and I would make an appointment just in case. I had seen him rub his ear twice the day before so wanted to double check everyhting before the weekend. They could not get him in until 3 in the afternoon and he seemed fine even during the day, his eyes looked a little sad but he was still playing and smiling. We went to the doctor and were there almost 2 hours. They said he was running a low fever although I do not know what it was, and the doctor said his ears looked great and his chest sounded perfect but his throat was a little red. He said he wanted to test for strep. That came back negative so he wanted to test for flu just to be safe. That test was horrible and Monks cried like he never has before. It was so sad to see. He only wanted Devin and it took him about 2 minutes to calm him down. Poor thing. Luckily, that came back negative too. He said it was just something viral then and to keep an eye on his fever and check back with him today. I kept him home again today just so he could rest and so he would not be contagious to the sitter's little girl. He woke up this morning extremely happy and kissed me right when I picked him up. He has been playing, felt a little warm, but not like he had been and I went to take his temperature and both my thermometers aren't working. Really? So I will get one today when Devin gets home from work. He ate a good breakfast and seems to be doing great. He slept in until 9:25 and went down for his nap about forty five minutes ago. I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment