Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Following Directions

So our new accomplishment is how well he follows directions. He is very good at picking stuff up and when I ask him to take his dirty clothes to the basket he does. It may sound silly but it is like watching a little man. His actions are so grown up but in a sweet little precious body. I know I say it all the time but he really is learning new things daily and it amazes me the words he says. He will repeat everything you say. Devin was doing something the other day and said aww that sucks and Monks was at his little table and said is sucks playing with cars. He said it clear as day. Devin got a dirty look for that. He seriously soaks up everything. Our sitter was off for a whole week and so when I picked him up yesterday she said she was shocked at how much more he was talking in just one week. She said she understood nearly everything he said. He also said the sitters name yesterday three times! He loves to talk and ask about things. I was tired the other day sitting on the couch and asked Aikman to get me some water. He loves the word water and so he said water? And I said yes please. It’s in the kitchen by the counter (our case was on the floor). He pointed toward the kitchen and I said yes monkey, water please. He walked in there and went to grab a bottle but the plastic wrapping on the case was a little tight and he said is tuck (for its stuck). I said just pull it hard sweet boy and he said tuck again and then he turned the bottle and pulled it out. He brought it to me and said here go. I thanked him and praised him, I was so proud! I wanted to cry. He then went back and brought me another one and I said thanks monks but I just need one and he said is for daddy and set it by me on the couch. Devin was at class but how sweet is that? Goodness he is precious. I promise I don’t teach my son to fetch everything but it is cute to have him bring you water.

1 comment:

  1. lol thats super cute. he better bring me somethin - p3t3

    ReplyDelete