Monday, May 23, 2011

Sick Monkey

Thursday morning I dropped off Monks at the sitters and he was just as happy as could be. I came to work and received a call at 9:17 from the sitter that Monks was throwing up! She said he had a low fever and was just not feeling well. I shut down my computer while I was still on the phone and grabbed my stuff, found Lieutenant, told him and was out the door. When I walked in she was rocking him in the living room and he was just in a diaper. His little eyes were red and puffy and he looked so sad. Heartbreaking! I took him and we went home. He whined on the way home and when I went to set him down started screaming. I picked him up and started to rock him in his room. He was burning up but I knew if I gave Tylenol or Motrin he would just throw up so I did not. He was asleep on me within ten minutes. I called the doctor while I held him and she told me to be there at 11:30! I set my alarm for 11 and just sat in his room holding him. I had to wake him up to get him dressed and got his bag together. He woke up Devin screaming when I had to set him down to get his stuff so Devin held him while I told him everything and then we left. I had to hold him the whole time at the doctor’s and he just looked so pitiful. He was so hot too and would nestle his little head in my neck and I was sweating! Lol He slept in the waiting room and in the actual hospital room on me and just laid on the table when the doctor came in to examine him. He had an ear infection in his left ear but the right looked perfect he said and so did his throat. Dr. Steadman said since he had thrown up that morning it would be pointless to give an antibiotic that day because he would more than likely not keep it down so he said we would do a shot right then and start the medicine Friday. Sounded like a plan to me. The nurse came in with the shot and normally he will not cry with one, he may make a noise or his eyes get big but never a cry. He screamed for nearly five minutes. It took all I had to soothe him and calm him down. Even she said he must be feeling bad because that was not like him. We then went home and I got him some juice and rocked him and he slept on me for about three hours. Anytime I tried to put him down he would scream. He would only eat four slices of an orange and drink his juice. I rocked him more and at 8 he was out so I put him to bed. He slept until 9:30 and then woke up screaming and was burning up. I tried the Tylenol and of course was thrown up on. We went to a cool bath and he just sat there. I rubbed his back and he started to play with some toys but would not move much. I then got him out, put on a shirt and gave him juice and he laid right back down. He woke up at 2, 4 and 5:30. Each time it took me about forty minutes to rock him and be able to lay him down. At 6, I knew my alarm would go off in twenty minutes so we just headed back to my bed and in that big bed of ours, he stuck his head right in my neck, I was literally looking straight up as he got comfortable and he put his arm across my chest and held my shirt in his hand. We both fell asleep. When I had to get up to shower, I debated what to do with him so I thought I will just turn on cartoons and he can lay in the bed and if he happens to get up, he knows I am in the bathroom. I returned from the shower about ten minutes later to find him sitting against the pillows and the headboard and he had my body pillow across his lap and his hands resting on it with his juice cup. He smiled and said hi momma! He played on the bed the whole time I got ready and watched TV. Someone was definitely feeling better! Devin came home and Monks was very excited to be staying home with Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment