Friday, May 6, 2011

He Remembers....

Yesterday morning as we pulled in front of the sitter’s house, Monks was in the backseat. We had talked like normal on the way there, listened to our CD and sang and saw lots of cars on the way. As I went to unbuckle to get out, he asked me where’s Gigi? Part of me was so happy he asked that, part of me wished I did not have to hear it and it made for a very difficult few minutes. I felt horrible but could not answer him, I could not really talk. I then got out, got him out and he was still just talking and pointing at things like usual. I held him for a minute and then we walked in and I dropped him off.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah: I am so sorry for your loss, and for Monks loss too. I know you had a wonderful mother and he had a great Grandma. I am sure she is watching and smiling at him everyday. It will never be easy but it does get better as time goes on. Have a wonderful mothers day tomorrow ;)

    ReplyDelete