Thursday, May 5, 2011

Love Time With My Boy

Last night Monks and I had a great time. I had to run to Drug Emporium to get more prenatal vitamins (I had been out a week!) my poor sweet baby girl. Anyway at the main intersection by our house, firefighters were having a donation/fundraiser thing where they stand in street and hold their boots and due to the crazy fires lately, they sure deserve anything they can get! They had all the fire trucks with the lights going on the side of the road and so once Monks saw that, he was yelling from the back seat momma, momma, truck! Truck! I rolled down my window and the firefighter walked up and we gave him some cash and then the light changed. Monks yelled bye as we drove off. It was so funny. I am sure that made his day having a real firefighter come close to him and seeing all the lights and big trucks!

Once we got to Drug Emporium he asked me what everything was and even said vy-mins. (Vitamins everywhere!) Near the check out was a little shelf with small toys and basically junk for kids lol so of course we had to get Monks a car when he saw them! One of the things I do love about my boy is that he can play with a toy in a store and be amazed and then I can tell him we need to put it back without a fight and he does. No fits, no crying, no complaining. So when he saw the cars and had been such a good boy, we looked at a few and he picked a red one. He drove it on the counter as we checked out and handed it to the lady to scan and then she gave it back, but not before saying peas. J

We then went to Joe’s Pizza and Pasta to get two big Joe’s salads! I got one for Devin to save for him to pick up after class and before he went to work. They are soooo yummy! Monks sat at the table like such a sweet guy and played with his car and we talked about things in the restaurant. A table that had four college guys kept waving at Monks and he would smile at them. No one can resist Monk’s charm! We waited less than ten minutes and then went home to prepare for Idol! To stick with the Italian theme I made Monks ravioli. He also had some strawberries and a string cheese. He ate so much. That little man loves ravioli. We enjoyed Idol together, yes we watch together. He likes to clap with me after certain people and we sing and move while they perform. I swear if I sang remotely decent I would go on Idol. I love it!!

After that was bath time and then bedtime. It was a very fun evening with my monkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment