Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Olivia's Nursery!!

The nursery is finally set up! I am so pleased with it. Devin picked out the yellow for the walls and at first I was afraid it would be too bright, but with the antique white furniture, it is perfect! These pics do not do it justice. We have been in our house since 2002 and never done anything to the spare room. It had Apollo’s box, our computer and a weight bench and then became “storage” for anything basically I did not feel like putting away properly. It took lots of work and sorting to clean it out but it is like a brand new place now. When Devin was spackling some holes, Aikman would go behind him with this little square toy he got in a kid’s meal and wipe the wall with it like he was doing it too. He likes to tell you to “watch” as he does stuff. I was told several times watch momma! All I did was sit on the floor or in a chair and tape the baseboards. Poor Devin did everything. We did laugh really hard when we saw on one of the walls measurements of Devin’s, mine and Gigi’s heights. I really don’t remember us doing that lol but Devin was 5’ 9”, my mom was 5’ 4” and mine showed 5’ 0”. I know we are all taller than that so it must have been shortly after we bought the house. We also bought a new ceiling fan and he put it up. When he was putting it together, Monks grabbed a screwdriver laying on the floor and just went over to him to help screw the blades together. It was the cutest thing ever (and my monkey is constantly doing precious things) He was the greatest little helper and if I asked for something he would tell me “es for Daddy” and take it to Devin. Excuse me. J He stood at the bottom of Devin’s ladder and if he dropped a screw he was on it and would get it and give it to him. I love how he says here go when he gives you something. He even carried each fan blade to Devin to put up. He is also very good at picking up trash and when we put up the new blinds he would gather all the plastic wrapping and put it in the trash for us. We played with the painter’s tape and the wand things from the old blinds. When it was time to paint we had to put Monks in his highchair so he would not be free to roam in the room. He played with his cars for quite a while and when I got him out to feed him dinner, we shut the door to the room and left Devin in there. Monks banged on that door until his dinner was ready. All he wanted was to be with his daddy. It was very hard to explain to him why he could not go in there and when he would bang on the door he would yell open daddy, peas! He could not see why his “please” was not working. Poor guy. We got the changing table/dresser combo, the crib, the rocking chair/recliner, Gigi’s mirrored chest and the swing and bouncy chair in there. The bedding will be here by the 1st of July and I can’t wait!! We will start looking for décor to go on walls and then we will be finished. We also ordered some signs for the walls from Kid’s Village. Devin picked one that said “All God’s Grace In One Sweet Little Face” and I picked “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” because it reminded me of my mom, as she loved the Wizard of Oz and it just went. I can’t wait to see it with all the bedding and the décor. Monks sure is proud of the room. He will gather up some cars and take them to play in there. He loves to be in her room. He will be the sweetest big brother ever.




Some priming

Helping Daddy with fan

He just grabbed this blade and went and sat down



Locked up so he doesn't get in paint

Fan. I should have turned it off. Lol We joke with green painter's tape it looked like Packer colors lol


Her crib!


Dancing

Giant boy still sits in this swing




I am hoping to find some black curtains or something with polka dots and we are still torn between two things for above her crib. It is all coming together though and I just love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment