Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Little Leper Pippa


Tuesday when we got back, Aikman had a stuffy nose and was sneezing some. Just a little cold. Wednesday when we woke up, Pippa had these little red spots on her torso. They were like the size of a pinhead, but they were randomly spread out on her tummy, back and backs of her arms. I immediately thought she just had a reaction to the shirt she wore, like maybe we washed it in fabric softener with ours by accident. I changed her shirt and her bed sheets and we all were just staying home so I didn’t worry. Thursday morning when I got her up to take her to Tia’s, she had even more and they covered her now. I freaked out. They were really red and she acted fine, but it was still scary. I took her to Tia anyway as I had just missed 3 and a half days of work, so I told her to call me if she seemed bad. She looked so crazy, poor baby. Devin didn’t work until that night so he said do you want me to take her in? I called to make an appointment and her doctor was on vacation that week so our only option was the walk in clinic. I hate those so much! Devin took her about 9:15 that morning and did not leave until a little after 1. Wow, how does it take that long? So after 4 hours and a higher co-pay, it turns out it is something viral and it just has to run its course. She was not contagious though. No meds can be given either being it is not a bacterial infection. It’s one of those things where you are glad you took them and everything is fine, but then you want to kick yourself for being paranoid and you should have just listened to everyone else and waited it out. Oh well, better safe than sorry! Don’t make fun of my poor Pips either after you see these pics! 



Fell asleep about 3 minutes after they left. Not surprised, they were there for 17 hours. 



No comments:

Post a Comment